What do you do with all that beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FerroPlasm

Reaction score
As I'm reading threads here, I'm seeing that some of you guys are brewing huge (to me) batches of beer: 25 gallon kettles, 20+ gallon fermenters, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I love a tasty beverage, but that's a lot of beer. Do you brew less often, give some away, stockpile, swim in it like Scrooge McDuck, drink it all, or what? Just curious and jealous is all.

That's an issue that I'm having. I don't drink it as fast as I brew it. My new years resolution is to drink a LOT more. Also I'm a firefighter so when I start kegging I plan to keep a keg on tap at our fire departments clubhouse. It'll go quick over there!

The thing to remember is that more than likely those things people are listing, are not necessarily being drank right now. They are more than likely drinking one or 2 things and the rest are at various stages of the pipeline, any where from Fermenting, to bulk aging to bottle conditioning. Some may not be ready for months down the road, when what they are currently drinking is long gone. Between my place and my Gf's I have maybe 8 different batches at various stages of development. From the ginger snap brown ale I brewed a week ago today which won't be bottled for another 3 weeks, to my barleywine which won't be drank for another 4.5 years.

I have two kegs on the go that I share with anyone who shows an interest in sampling or drinking the beer. I cook with it. I usually have a few batches sitting in a primary or very lengthy secondary. And, I drink it.

B

EDIT: And for the record, my batches are about 20 litres each.

Some people are posting homebrew club brews, which are often split into several fermenters. Of course there are the few people who brew huge amounts for family, etc.

Just as long as you are not going over the 200 gallon limit...

As I'm reading threads here, I'm seeing that some of you guys are brewing huge (to me) batches of beer: 25 gallon kettles, 20+ gallon fermenters, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I love a tasty beverage, but that's a lot of beer. Do you brew less often, give some away, stockpile, swim in it like Scrooge McDuck, drink it all, or what? Just curious and jealous is all.

Scrooge McDuck reference,nice(awful cartoon) Its nice to have a lot of different beers on hand to see how the flavor changes as they mature as well as its not to drink the same beer everynight different days I prefer a different beer not every night do I want to drink an IPA or a stout variety is good

Back