Tripel "literally"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
Just brewed a tripple, open ferm chamber after an hour and this is what I find, it's living up to it's style.

ForumRunner_20120401_170340.jpg

Looks like a slice of earth that a geologist would study.

Awesome photo!

The yeast are making their way to the bottom of that fermentor just like me making my way through a buffet! Slow, steady, and methodically!

The picture didn't do it justice. There were 3 very defined shades, was really cool to watch form.

and aggressive fermentation has started after 6 hours...

That's how my Imperial Stout was a couple weeks ago. It was my first high OG beer and I pitched the biggest starter I've ever made. It blew out the airlock of my bucket (First time I ever needed a blowoff tube on a 7gal bucket), and the lid was buldging. I caught it just before the lid blew sky high!

That's how my Imperial Stout was a couple weeks ago. It was my first high OG beer and I pitched the biggest starter I've ever made. It blew out the airlock of my bucket (First time I ever needed a blowoff tube on a 7gal bucket), and the lid was buldging. I caught it just before the lid blew sky high!

haha NICE! My Target OG was 1.090, I miscalculated my boil off by almost a gallon and mine was 1.079. I love high OG beers, can't wait to see how this turns out!

I bet it will be great! My stout is pretty much done. It attenuated to 74% which gives me about 8.5% abv. It tastes a little "hot" which is to be expected. In a week or so I'm going to rack it to secondary and age it a few months..

I bet it will be great! My stout is pretty much done. It attenuated to 74% which gives me about 8.5% abv. It tastes a little "hot" which is to be expected. In a week or so I'm going to rack it to secondary and age it a few months..

8.5 dang! My other primary is holding a Belgian Strong Golden Ale. It's went from 1.080 to 1.008 for 9.4%. I love taking a sample because it means I get to drink it! It's been 3 weeks in primary, going to secondary for another month. I'm on a Belgian kick and trying to brew all of them I can.

8.5 dang! My other primary is holding a Belgian Strong Golden Ale. It's went from 1.080 to 1.008 for 9.4%. I love taking a sample because it means I get to drink it! It's been 3 weeks in primary, going to secondary for another month. I'm on a Belgian kick and trying to brew all of them I can.

Yeah I was on a stout kick myself. I've finally become satisfied with that kick. This friday I'm brewing a coconut brown, and then a simcoe IPA after that.

Yeah I was on a stout kick myself. I've finally become satisfied with that kick. This friday I'm brewing a coconut brown, and then a simcoe IPA after that.

Nice! I found 10oz of Simcoe in my freezer from last summer (I forgot I had) today. Made me realize I had better use them soon.

I walk by and notice my "blow off" music sounded different. Open the lid to find this! Those are some healthy yeast! First time using Mr Malty to make my starter. I'm a believer now.

ForumRunner_20120402_175437.jpg

Looking good! I use YeastCalc.com, because I like their step-up calculator layout. I pretty much always make stepped-up starters since I only have a 2L container. I also like their starter wort calculator. I've used Mr Malty a few times, too. I like both..

Looking good! I use YeastCalc.com, because I like their step-up calculator layout. I pretty much always make stepped-up starters since I only have a 2L container. I also like their starter wort calculator. I've used Mr Malty a few times, too. I like both..

I'll have to check that one out, looks good.

Glad I had a blow off on this one, she's totally full now.

Back