Southern California Homebrewers Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JonW. I was looking for "surf city" booth at the fest, because I've been obsessing over your brew stand the last couple weeks and was going to pick your brain...but now I realize you were Brewcommune!

I was impressed with you guy's beers Good clean beer. Thanks for sharing!

Ours was the rinky dinkiest booth in the whole place...but we had great beer. In fact, we WON the B.R.O. Competition with our barrel aged project.

Santa Barbeerians.

Brew Tech, we we're right next to you guys in the C loop. I your tap stand/chalkboard was badass, and so was the A-Team van that one of your members was driving!

I'm sure I met many of you. Fun time was had by all. Here was my experience last year:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/so...ewers-festival-324970/index2.html#post4072248

...so I'm stoked it worked out the way it did this year for me. :) :mug:

JonW. I was looking for "surf city" booth at the fest, because I've been obsessing over your brew stand the last couple weeks and was going to pick your brain...but now I realize you were Brewcommune!

I was impressed with you guy's beers Good clean beer. Thanks for sharing!

Ours was the rinky dinkiest booth in the whole place...but we had great beer. In fact, we WON the B.R.O. Competition with our barrel aged project.

I wish we were able to meet - I love talking brew rigs and all. Congrats on the "Bragging Rights" beer. That's a nice honor to have.

I wish we were able to meet - I love talking brew rigs and all. Congrats on the "Bragging Rights" beer. That's a nice honor to have.

I bet anything we did meet. I'm fairly non-descript, but was wearing a Jackson Hole T-shirt and a white brimmed hat with a barbeerians sticker on it. Yeah, our club didn't have much in the way of a slick booth, but winning the BRO gave us a nice morale boost. The delicious, copious, free beer didn't hurt either. :p

I heard some people say that the turnout wasn't quite as large as expected, but this was my first festival, so I had nothing to compare it too.

jbaysurfer said:
Brew Tech, we we're right next to you guys in the C loop. I your tap stand/chalkboard was badass, and so was the A-Team van that one of your members was driving!

I'm sure I met many of you.

Jbaysurfer! Thanks for the props on my tap wall. It worked out really well. The only problem was that, with 44 kegs, we were only able to keep 17 on tap... There's always next year.

I had a blast meeting everyone and trying out all the wild and sour ales... I basically walked from tent to tent looking for anything with Brett or sour. Most clubs had at least one! Also lots of good saisons.

Cheers!

Jbaysurfer! Thanks for the props on my tap wall. It worked out really well. The only problem was that, with 44 kegs, we were only able to keep 17 on tap... There's always next year.

I had a blast meeting everyone and trying out all the wild and sour ales... I basically walked from tent to tent looking for anything with Brett or sour. Most clubs had at least one! Also lots of good saisons.

Cheers!

I agree, the sours were fantastic. The highlight of the festival IMHO (well, the cute girls too!). So many homebrewers making great sour beers. I wish I could've tried some of the other BRO competition entries, although I may have without realizing it....

JonW, I know I met the guy behind you in the straw hat, so maybe we didn't get to chat. That pic was very close to our booth though. We were just to your left.

Back