Since my post about AHS raising prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Since my post about AHS raising prices for their Commercial kits I went back to take a look and the AVERAGE increase from 2 months ago is now about 1% (was 8% last week).

There are some great deals

Haystack Black Porter (Portland) -13%
Young's Special London Ale -20%
Young's Old Nick Barleywine Style Ale -15%
Watney's Cream Stout -22%
Smuttynose Imperial Stout -22%
Rogue Shakespeare Stout -13%
Fuller's London Porter -20%
Geary's Pale Ale -10%

Just thought I would post this because I like Forrest and AHS. Just thought they were a little overboard with the price increase's.

Cheers

That's good to know as I typically use them. Do you have a spreadsheet set up with all their products or how are you tracking this?

I don't really care if Forrest raises prices or not. Considering how much he supports this group, I'd gladly pay an extra dollar or two...

Anthony_Lopez +1 to that!!!

I just have a spread sheet with most of their Commercial kits. What style of beer and Beer Advocate rating.

WHY you ask? I just wanted a list and they could not provide one. So I cut and pasted.

So I was adding their new products today and noticed some kits I purchased last week were now cheaper. WELL? That seemed like a challenge LOL

I'm not stalking AHS - REALLY!!

I can't say that I'm horribly surprised since Forrest stated a couple weeks ago that he was going through his prices and making adjustments. As I recall, he made that commitment before your original thread so why did you start this thread?

Well - I thought people should know there were 20% off deals on some good kits. What are you insinuating?

sheesh! Cut me some slack!

AHS has done more for me than my local home brew store. I've done a fair amt. of business with them over the past few months... and they are currently my supplier. I'm not going to complain over pennies in exchange for service.

I've spent over $800 in the last 6 months at AHS and I was not complaining over PENNIES in a post so LONG LONG ago!!

Why would you even post such a comment! Would you complain about gas going from $3 to $4 overnight?

You guys really are trying to get under my skin arn't you. I posted this because THERE WERE GOOD DEALS. My beef with AHS is over, it's been fixed.

Haystack Black is one of the highest rated American Porters that AHS has in thier Commercial Clones.

Mirror Pond Pale Ale (Deschutes) is a highly rated APA and it's a good deal about 12% off
Rogue Shakespeare Stout is an awesome brew rated "A" at Beer Advocate
Fuller's London Porter is rated "A-" and is a steal
Smuttynose Imperial Stout "A-" for RIS (have to check if that is a typo ?? $33?

thataintchicken orders to the Midwest are taking about a week due to Christmas

I've noticed people are incredibly defensive on here and tend to not read/get what the op said.

good to know someone is pointing out the good ones.

Back