Pretty happy with my first ever brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovebrewin

Reaction score
Thomas coopers premium selection bitter.
Extract tin a year out of date lol.
20 days in the bottle and its not bad

image-699401454.jpg

Yeh it's not bat mate its got a very subtle bitter taste that hangs around still has that little bit of a green taste cos it hasn't been conditioned for that long! It's carbing up quite well got good head retention and I'm not sure how much alcohol it's got in it cos I cocked up the OG reading but I could feel it after one bottle so I'm thinking round the high 7-8%.

I brewed it at a temp that was to high for the yeast too cos I didn't have my fridge set up yet but it's still ok!!!!

image-176518832.jpg

Ok,I see it's the Australian bitter. Mine was the Cooper's English bitter. I've had my 5.3% ales kick me in the head pretty good too. The Australian does look & sound like it'd be worth a go.:mug:

Move the camera to the left a bit...we like seein' that stuff too...good lookin' beer.

I offer my congratulations. It's more refreshing than you thought, right? That's all down to the sense of accomplishment; it makes everything taste better. And it makes defeats more personal, but at the same time, it strengthens your resolve.

Latest posts

Back