New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > My new favourite beer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
hopdawg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default My new favourite beer

I was at my local liquor store yesterday and for the first time I bought a big beer. One Liter of local craft brew 6% Devils Elbow IPA from Howe sound Brewing in Squamish BC (pronounced Skwah-mish near Whistler Mt for you skiers). I'm a fan of IPA's but there has to be more than just hops. This beer was sweet yet hoppy but not too malty (then again I think black coffee is sweet). The head lasted for the entire suckling session. Damn it was good. Now I have my cloning work cut out for me.
Here's a pic. In the Heineken bottle is my first Lager which I bottled tonight. In the back ground is my Guinness clone which a racked to the secondary tonight. I was drinking that IPA so I screwed up and used DME to prime the Lager. I imagine it will taste malty, oh well its not like I'm going to pour it out.

Last edited by hopdawg; 02-14-2009 at 05:58 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 25 Posts

It'll all turn out to be beer. Enjoy it! Personally, I've never cloned a beer that I can buy at the local beer/gas station, but I can see the attraction.

As for that Devil's Elbow, it sounds tasty! Plus, it comes in a reusable swing-top. That's win-win right there.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
hopdawg
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Yes, if I'm going to pay $7 for a single beer first criteria is it must be a local craft beer followed by it must come in a swing top or cappable top.

Quick Reply