Murphy's Laws of Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG58

Reaction score
If you did not need a blow-off tube for the last five beers even though you attached one, the sixth when you don't will make you re-paint.

If you drink the best beer you ever made, you will only have one because you found it months after you consumed the rest of the batch.

(Feel free to add one or a few).

No matter how many times you check and double check, the ball lock valve on the brew kettle will be open a little when you transfer from mash to boil!

My husband, aka; my brew ***** and heavy lifter (jk), once dumped my wort into the stainless conical with the dump valve open. Only lost about 8-12 oz but I was still pi$$ed. He also has a bad habit of forgetting to connect the water hose end to the Therminator causing a temporary mass flood on the brew house floor. I guess that actually makes him my Murphy's law of brewing.

A watched pot never boils. An unwatched pot always boils over. (paraphrasing something Mike Dawson said on a Northern Brewer video.)

Latest posts

Back