Just used all my new S@%T!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
Have been buying one piece of equipment (kegging/filtering) every payday for about two months. The ship came in today when i filtered and kegged my first brew. I made a light beer (dont kill me it was for my buddies) a month or so ago. I must admit it was NOT pure, i did use corn. Its been in the secondary since primary was done about a month ago. Tasted great pre carbonation.

I just made my first trip to the trash were i made a deposit of aprox. 20 12oz bottles. Cant wait to get rid of all the rest of em:ban:

Congrats, but don't throw away your bottles! At a minimum give them to a fellow homebrewer who is starting out.

Welcome to the club, the Kegging Club.

tdavisii said:
I made a light beer (dont kill me it was for my buddies) a month or so ago.

Why would we kill you over that? Most of my brews would be considered 'light' or close to it. There are a few of us here that I know of that prefer low ABV beers. You can have more of them without getting all sloppy and then hung over in the morning. Brew what you like. Don't be ashamed.

Enjoy the brew and welcome aboard. All the waiting is about to pay off. Big time. :mug:

Nothing wrong with making 'light' brews at all. At least you're making light beers that will taste better than BMC. :rockin:

Good point Ed! Don't throw the bottles out! If you were closer I would come pick them up. I have been buying new bottles every couple of weeks and I am sure someone nearby would be happy to "recycle" them.

Nothing wrong with light, but you should lay off the corn next time and try an all malt blonde. I brought along a blonde to share at the monthly brew meeting because every flight consists of double, triples, imperials, oak aged barley wines, etc. Some homebrewers get all jazzed about extreme brews and that's great, but sometimes a nice back to basics blonde reminds them of why they got started in the first place.

I rather like the flavors mashed corn adds to an ale. Haven't tried corn in a small beer, though. I'll be running off a batch of lawnmower ale for my neighbor using his 'drainage ditch' hops. Maybe I'll give it a go.

heck I'll be in St. Louis this weekend if you want to get rid of the rest of them to me

corn is typical for a 'light beer' ;)

save those bottles! kegging is nice, but I still bottle half the time. some beers I just can't drink a ton of, so I don't want to 'waste' a keg for months on end to store it/dispense it.

Back