How's can I find my water profile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i called my water company, but they weren't much help. i bit the bullet and sent a bottle of my tap water to ward labs for a brewing analysis. $26.50 for the test.

The report that my water company makes readily available has the same general figures most of the population would care about (namely the ones that can make water unhealthy). After a few emails, I was able to get the data directly from the water company from the guys at the treatment plant. I would try calling your water company, say you're looking for some figures not included in the main report, and see if you can get them. The first person you speak with probably won't have them, but after some phone tag I'm pretty sure you could speak to someone who would. I'd be really shocked if they weren't checking for the stuff we care about in brewing.

Another possibility, if there's a local commercial brewer with the same water system, you could call them and see if they were able to acquire the information or if they had to send it out themselves.

Qhrumphf said:
The report that my water company makes readily available has the same general figures most of the population would care about (namely the ones that can make water unhealthy). After a few emails, I was able to get the data directly from the water company from the guys at the treatment plant. I would try calling your water company, say you're looking for some figures not included in the main report, and see if you can get them. The first person you speak with probably won't have them, but after some phone tag I'm pretty sure you could speak to someone who would. I'd be really shocked if they weren't checking for the stuff we care about in brewing.

Another possibility, if there's a local commercial brewer with the same water system, you could call them and see if they were able to acquire the information or if they had to send it out themselves.

I had not thought about the local brewer idea. just so happens that we had one start up here recently (2010). I will have to try that if the water company won't help out. Thanks!

Back