Great Divide stops exporting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nembrionic

Reaction score
Hi there,

a little while I heard news that the Great Divide Brewery would stop exporting it's beer to Europe(along with another brewery). Reason begin they wanted to supply the US first which is already hard for them since demand grew.

Is it true? Anyone have an article? I recall reading it somewhere online but can't find it.

I Haven't heard about this.
Although I would really be upset if I couldn't get my yeti anymore!

Maybe the easiest way to find out would be to email the distributer of GDB in your country. They should definitely be able to answer your Questions about there products.

Please post back if you get the answer saying if it's true so I can go out and stock up !! :D

I Haven't heard about this.
Although I would really be upset if I couldn't get my yeti anymore!

Maybe the easiest way to find out would be to email the distributer of GDB in your country. They should definitely be able to answer your Questions about there products.

Please post back if you get the answer saying if it's true so I can go out and stock up !! :D

Good idea, will do. Although I was told by one of my beershops and they supposedly heard it from the distributor :p

And I actually thought I had read the same news here on HBF but searches don't give me anything. Maybe it's all just rumours..and in my head :p

Wow I'm shattered I will be stocking up on the yeti as soon as I get a confirmation from the distributor in Sweden. I was only telling my friend yesterday about how it's my favorite beer at the moment. Guess it's alot of other people favorite in the U.S too. Hopefully they are planning a brewery upgrade and will be able to distribute OS again.

They always seem to be adding more and larger fermenters. Having to roll back distribution is an unfortunate but typical growing pain

Apparently they only sell in 15 states. Here's the article I mentioned before:

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_17806658

As much as I love it, it's always been strange to me that Great Divide is everywhere here in Alabama, but you can't even get it in Nevada. Bell's is another good example. I guess it all comes down to distribution costs, considering that the Southeast is really dense when compared to the Southwest.

That's a shame... I assume this means bottles as well as kegs for pubs? I enjoy the occasional Titan at my local pub, or some awesome Yeti variation at the Beertemple in Amsterdam. Not being able to buy bottles anymore is bad enough, but no more draft either is horrible...

And my local (within walking distance) beer shop just added Belgian Yeti to the very meagre selection of American brews... I wish Stone would hurry up with their European brewery already! :)

That's a shame... I assume this means bottles as well as kegs for pubs? I enjoy the occasional Titan at my local pub, or some awesome Yeti variation at the Beertemple in Amsterdam. Not being able to buy bottles anymore is bad enough, but no more draft either is horrible...

And my local (within walking distance) beer shop just added Belgian Yeti to the very meagre selection of American brews... I wish Stone would hurry up with their European brewery already! :)

Bertus Bierhuis?

Is Stone opening an European brewery? :D

I've had the Saison Du Buff once, but I think it was a one off batch from Stone, DFH and Victory. I'd love to taste that again.

And as far as I'm aware, it concers all beer, bottles AND kegs.

Bert's Bierhuis, yeah. Great store if you like Belgians (not uncommon to find some Westvleteren, amongst many others), but a very poor selection of US beers, sadly.

And Stone is (was?) planning to start a brewery in Europe, either in Brugge or Berlin. No idea how that is coming along though.

Nembrionic said:
I'm sorry to be the harbinger of bad news

Still no reply from distributer in Sweden. Will try again tomorrow.

What's the name of the distributer you spoke too? Your from the UK somewhere right?

Still no reply from distributer in Sweden. Will try again tomorrow.

What's the name of the distributer you spoke too? Your from the UK somewhere right?

No, The Netherlands :)

But from what I gathered there was one final shipment sent a while ago and that shipment is running out fast. I imagine it'll be the same for other European countries.

Bert's Bierhuis, yeah. Great store if you like Belgians (not uncommon to find some Westvleteren, amongst many others), but a very poor selection of US beers, sadly.

Sad, but true. And I think the Westvleteren there was 12 or 14 euro's a bottle. I pick it up myself twice a year at the abbey itself.

"De Man van Drank" in Rotterdam (Hoogstraat) has a nice selection of US beers nowadays and I imagine the Bierkoning in Amsterdam has some as well.

Dunno about Melgers in Haarlem but they might do.

And Stone is (was?) planning to start a brewery in Europe, either in Brugge or Berlin. No idea how that is coming along though.

That would be great :)

Nembrionic said:
No, The Netherlands :)

But from what I gathered there was one final shipment sent a while ago and that shipment is running out fast. I imagine it'll be the same for other European countries.

Sorry mate thought Rotterdam sounded a bit English. But I was wrong.

So I just got off the phone to our distributer. And apparently Scandinavia is safe. The yeti and few others will continue to be available in the monopoly (systembolaget) full time and all other specials will be available when there received and continue to be very limited releases.

By the sounds of the beers he mentioned being released this year we are in for a few awesome treats.

Hopefully you have some scandinavian friends who can hook you up!

"De Man van Drank" in Rotterdam (Hoogstraat) has a nice selection of US beers nowadays and I imagine the Bierkoning in Amsterdam has some as well.

De Bierkoning has a very nice selection but is not within walking distance :D I do go there once in a while, and De Molen in Bodegraven has a nice selection too. I had no clue about De Man Van Drank, that is actually within walking distance from work, so thanks for that tip :mug:

As much as I love it, it's always been strange to me that Great Divide is everywhere here in Alabama, but you can't even get it in Nevada. Bell's is another good example. I guess it all comes down to distribution costs, considering that the Southeast is really dense when compared to the Southwest.

This is like NYC being able to get 21st Amendment but we cannot get it in Denver

De Bierkoning has a very nice selection but is not within walking distance :D I do go there once in a while, and De Molen in Bodegraven has a nice selection too. I had no clue about De Man Van Drank, that is actually within walking distance from work, so thanks for that tip :mug:

Cheers ;)

I think it's closed on mondays.

Sorry mate thought Rotterdam sounded a bit English. But I was wrong.

So I just got off the phone to our distributer. And apparently Scandinavia is safe. The yeti and few others will continue to be available in the monopoly (systembolaget) full time and all other specials will be available when there received and continue to be very limited releases.

By the sounds of the beers he mentioned being released this year we are in for a few awesome treats.

Hopefully you have some scandinavian friends who can hook you up!

Unfortunately I don't :(

Nembrionic said:
Unfortunately I don't :(

Luckily for you i'm pretty sure you can order straight from our distributer in Sweden.

Greatbrands.se

Quite pricey but beer up here in Sweden is so we are used to it. And it's often still worth it.

Luckily for you i'm pretty sure you can order straight from our distributer in Sweden.

Greatbrands.se

Quite pricey but beer up here in Sweden is so we are used to it. And it's often still worth it.

I think that's going to be quite expensive, especialy including shipment.

Like you said, beer in Sweden is already expensive(particularly against Belgian/Dutch prices).

I make a habbit of it to not pay 10 euros a beer ;)

Back