Dear LHBS Owner (venting)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helium is safer. The only reason the Germans were using hydrogen in the Hindenberg is the USA had all the helium and wasn't selling.

Pah. Economics aside, there's no adventure in helium; if something goes wrong, the only thing that'll happen is your voice gets squeaky. When hydrogen goes wrong, it's freakin' EPIC.

:D

Bob

You have a point! :D

...however, I can't help thinking that if the Hindenberg had been using helium there would still be zeppelins in use today for slow freight and "luxury liners". A giant fireball is the ultimate in bad PR for a transportation method. :eek:

Regarding LHBSs, I've got three very nice LHBSs in the area, a couple are kind of "bare bones" but the service is wonderful at al of them. :rockin:

Man, kinda sounds a little like my LHBS. Except at mine the owner is the only employee and he works a night job so his hours are kinda weird. I am right there with you though on the whole mop and bucket thing and maybe moving the dust around on occasion. You know, a little paint some nice posters and some shelves from wal mart or something go a long way. He's a nice enough guy, just seems kinda weird or something though. Oh and I brewed one of his recipes one time. I asked how he liked it or if he had any pointers to make it special and his response was I have never brewed it. How the hell can you adversise a recipe or recommend it to someone searching for a starting point and never even have tried it yourself. Anyway, best of luck.

Back