New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Boycott

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #91
BKmyWAY
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I have been doing this for a long time now, but recently I moved to Dallas TX. Around here I almost have to boycott entire bars, because the big 3 are all that is served. Thank god for the flying saucer....

A wise man knows that he knows not.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #92
TheCapn22
Recipes 

I don't mind BMC. They fill their role just fine. I don't really drink any because I'm not a fan, but I won't turn one down if offered (Let's not forget the best beer is free beer!). They're filling the demand of what the majority of beer drinkers want, you can't fault them for that. And as someone else said there's over 1500 breweries in the US now, I'd hardly say BMC is suffocating the market too bad.

If you don't like BMC, then don't drink it. But don't knock em for what they do - that is fulfilling the demand of their consumers.

As for Wal-Mart. I shop there all the time. Sorry, low prices are just too good. Call me a curmudgeon all you want.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #93
TexasSpartan
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
Going back to my post. If you are true to your boycott, make sure you research every beer brand that BMC owns a part of.

I'm willing to bet it's going to knock out many of your favorite craft/micros.
That's a good point. I knew that AB owned part of Red Hook, but I didn't know they owned part of Kona and Goose Island. Even if AB does indirectly own part of them, I won't be boycotting Kona anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKmyWAY View Post
I have been doing this for a long time now, but recently I moved to Dallas TX. Around here I almost have to boycott entire bars, because the big 3 are all that is served. Thank god for the flying saucer....
Yeah, Texas kicks ass at a lot of things, but beer selection is not one of them. At least you're in a major city. It's really rough out here in the middle of nowhere.

Keg 1: Eve's Downfall Pomegranate Cider
Keg 2: Black Hops Down Black IPA

Quick Reply