Apologies for my last thread.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenVanned

Reaction score
I wasn't serious in my last thread. I am not "asking for a hand-out" or anything of the sort. I was sitting here thinking how ide like to have a batch near finished by Christmas and then I read a thread to the effect of "What are you asking Santa for this year" and I thought it would be a silly thing to post.

I do not wish to be received poorly within this community and if you are truly offended by my thread I am sorry.

It made me think about the true meaning of Christmas, which is of course beer. Here's hoping Santa leaves some extract in your stocking this year!

I just read that thread. I think most people took it out of proportion. We still love you.

There has been an handful of people who have been crying poverty and begging for ingredients. Seems like there are more important things to spend money on.

You just had bad timing with your joke. Last week, Yooper had to chastise someone who was literally begging for ingredients in multiple threads. This dude meant it, and was not afraid to flaunt his poorness.

If there's any truth to your tale, I hope the holidays bring increased prospects. If it's totally a joke, then I hope you're stuck drinking Night Train and eating garbage from the scraps of rich folk, like me for many, many years. ;)

Don't sweat it! You amused several people for 5 minutes or so!

If you're really in need of ingredients for brewing, get yourself some 2-row and use deathbrewer's easy stovetop all grain brewing! :mug:

I wasn't serious in my last thread.
I do not wish to be received poorly within this community and if you are truly offended by my thread I am sorry.

Maybe it's the holidays but I believe you. Humor is not always understood and sometimes received wrong when posting on a forum unless the people reading know you and your sense of humor. I totally agree with you, I wouldn't want to be ill received on HBT either. Lot of good people here.

If you’re BSing everybody it will be figured out which equals "You're done". Like I said at the beginning; I believe you.

Happy Holidays BenVanned! :mug:

Haha, You're a funny dude. What Airborneguy said was my exact thoughts about calling you out initially. I figured we'd have some fun with you, and the boys got right on it. Listen, either way, joking or not, with something like that, you're gonna get some ribbing. If you were seriously begging for ingredients, you got what you deserved. If you were kidding, thanks for providing fodder for a good laugh. I still think you were serious, and your buddy ruined it for ya, but to show you I"m a good sport, I'll send you some DME I ordered a month or so ago and some hops and maybe even a sack of yeast. When the Pay it forward thread starts, PM me, and you'll be my first receiver of the year.

Haha, You're a funny dude. What Airborneguy said was my exact thoughts about calling you out initially. I figured we'd have some fun with you, and the boys got right on it. Listen, either way, joking or not, with something like that, you're gonna get some ribbing. If you were seriously begging for ingredients, you got what you deserved. If you were kidding, thanks for providing fodder for a good laugh. I still think you were serious, and your buddy ruined it for ya, but to show you I"m a good sport, I'll send you some DME I ordered a month or so ago and some hops and maybe even a sack of yeast. When the Pay it forward thread starts, PM me, and you'll be my first receiver of the year.

Whata good sport! :rolleyes:

Lame.

Lame? I offer the guy ingredients to brew beer, and you call that lame? And the other jackass posts a sarcastic "what a sport"? And after giving away a free byo subscription when everyone else was selling them, and giving away a 20 dollar gift card in last years pay it forward and claiming nothing. I feel like Revvy.

Lame? I offer the guy ingredients to brew beer, and you call that lame? And the other jackass posts a sarcastic "what a sport"? And after giving away a free byo subscription when everyone else was selling them, and giving away a 20 dollar gift card in last years pay it forward and claiming nothing. I feel like Revvy.

Sure buddy. Dream on.

what are you even talking about? Dream on about what? Dream about what I posted? It's all real, and documented here on HBT. Maybe non paying members can't get that kind of info? Dream on about what? Clear that up, buddy.

what are you even talking about? Dream on about what? Dream about what I posted? It's all real, and documented here on HBT. Maybe non paying members can't get that kind of info? Dream on about what? Clear that up, buddy.

Comparing yourself with Revvy. That man helps people out in a daily basis. The last 5 or 6 comments I've seen you post here and on different threads, have been either rude and/or demeaning. Your display picture itself shows your sense of humor haha

Exactly, Revvy helps people on a daily basis, and people still tell him he's a d bag because of the way he delivers his information. Just like me offering to give the guy ingredients for a batch of beer and you and another guy telling me it's lame or being sarcastic about it. It was all in fun, which is my normal tone, but you turned it into something else.

You are right about my last 5 or 6 posts being rude and demeaning. Suggesting that a plasma tv will be donated, when the conversation was clearly about donating blood plasma? Yep, totally demeaning. Posting my results of a 10 gallon batch of saison where I used two different types of temperature control........yep, that's offensive. Offering people ingredients to make beer is rude, ya got me there. Asking how pin locks fit into a Sanyo 4912 is also a very offensive, highly taboo subject, so you're right there. Praising a kegging supply website is also very rude, so once again, youre on the money. Those were all sarcastic, but I think I seriously see where you think I"m rude and offensive.....the post where I congratulated a startup brewery on reaching their kickstarter goal to which I contributed, yeah, that's the one.

You're way off base here. Don't try to make serious matters out of lighthearted threads. Maybe get to know me first. LIke you said yourself, my display picture shows my sense of humor. I couldn't agree more. A squirrel that looks like he has a raging woody. Either laugh with me or GFY

Let's inject some positivity before this gets out of hand:

ChampsLetsAllGetTogetherFanClub.jpg

Heh heh, cute indeed. On a side note, I took care of a baby black squirrel after if was thrown out of it's nest by greys and almost eviscerated by cats, and squirrels are very loving little fellas. Sure, they get a bad rap with the whole rabies thing, but this little guy sat on my shoulder, slept in my lap, and ate nuts out of my hand. (not the nuts that are usually in my hand). I eventually gave him up to a squirrel resue, but he was very loving and even after he would wander into a tree, would come back to me. When I saw the woody squirrel picture, It was funny, but it was kind of a memory of "Rocky" that made me use it as my avatar

Hey BenVann SENT PM! saw your post and apology! I took it as a joke... send me your mailing address in PM & I'll get you a free subscrip for a year. I got the same deal last year from a fellow member. they give out a free gift subscription with re order. let me know if you want it otherwise it's going up on board next week when I re subscribe. I'll be back on here on thanksgiving but going camping/fishing for a few days after. you have first shot for taking some abuse and being a good sport!

Alright Mikey. I won't bother quoting what I was referring to, no point in going down that road. Let's be mature gentlemen and accept eachother's sarcastic ways before Yuri comes and bans our butts.

haha, I've never been banned before, so it's intriguing.

I know what I've posted in the past, especially the recent ones, and I think you may have taken it the wrong way. I"m not a venemous, hating person. From when my daughters get in my bed in the morning to the minute I lay them to bed at night, we laugh.....we laugh at farts, we laugh at falls, we laugh at boogers and we laugh when 2 plus 2 makes anything but 4. Should we cry about things? An internet forum about brewing beer is the last place I want to get serious, unless I can't find an answer to whether pin locks fit in a 4912 or not. I got much bigger fish to fry. On that note, I don't like being called something I"m not, which bothers me for slightly more than a second and a half.

At the end of the day, there's no one I wouldn't want to sit down and drink with, whether it be to laugh at someone getting humped by a moose or to hammer out a difference we're having about the best way to deal with ingrown pubic hairs.

This is why Canadians have Thanksgiving much further away from Christmas. Yanquis get so uptight as Black Friday approaches.

I hear the first demand of Occupy Portland was one extract or all-grain kit per month for the 99%. Now that's democracy.

Yes, but we celebrate in October by giving the Iroquois a bag of Canadian 2-row and a free hops bale. Measured in kilograms

Then we make beer and play hockey. I don't think Underdog is involved at all.

No silly. We whip across the border and buy it from Target at 1:22 AM on the Friday for $3.02 USD, traded at par in reputable American establishments everywhere across the 49th parallel. Then we fill out our sales tax refund applications and get the hell out of dodge.

Then we make Liquid Extract and distribute it equally and fairly to all through our socialized medical system.

We are the 99%.

FFS I wish I had not posted that thread. So here is the deal. I did not mean for the original thread to seem demanding, begging, or in bad spirits. I intended it as if I were a child sitting in Santa's lap asking for pony.

Secondly. I do not know the other guy from my town. I wish I had retained the PM he had sent me introducing himself however I do not because of the 5 message limit on free accounts. He had nothing to do with my original post and should not be recieved poorly within the community for being from the same town as I. The guy is twice my age seeing as how he has been brewing for 22 years, just moved here, and was asking if there was a local club.

I will not be accepting any ingredients from anyone and wouldn't have in the first place. Finally, I do not know what this pay it forward thing is but I will not be participating because of this folly on my behalf.

Admin please close this thread. This is getting out of hand and I did not mean to cause such a stir.

Don't sweat it, BenVanned. I knew what you meant right away--some others did not and made some different assumptions: such are the pitfalls of an internet bulletin board.

Now I think folk are just having some fun.

Ya know dude, youre full of sh.....just kidding. Its all in fun and weve kissed and made up. (no tongue). Nobody is, or was ever going to hold it against you. Enjoy your holidays, and stop sitting on grown mens laps

Back