2008 NHC Comp - who is entering?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked on my UPS shipment. It's out for delivery! Whoo Hoo!

I sent in 3 entries.

12b Porter - Robust Porter
28c Specialty Cider and Perry - Applewine
10a American Ale - American Pale Ale

Good luck to all HBT'ers. I hope to see ya'll in the second round! I'll be happy if I make it that far.

EdWort said:
I just checked on my UPS shipment. It's out for delivery! Whoo Hoo!

I sent in 3 entries.

12b Porter - Robust Porter
28c Specialty Cider and Perry - Applewine
10a American Ale - American Pale Ale

Good luck to all HBT'ers. I hope to see ya'll in the second round! I'll be happy if I make it that far.
I just sent in 3 last night.

A Helles, Cr Ale and a Eng Southern Br Ale.

I'm going to Philly to judge 1st rd. This will be the 1st time I've judged a comp in 8 yrs. Looking forward to seeing some people I have not seen in a long time.

Warrior said:
I'm going to Philly to judge 1st rd. This will be the 1st time I've judged a comp in 8 yrs. Looking forward to seeing some people I have not seen in a long time.

They need judges in Denver. I've been asked to go, but it's Brew Hut Raising weekend, otherwise I'd like to do it. I've volunteered to judge in Cinci though.

Drinking a glass of the robust porter I sent in as I finish up my brew session. I really think this beer should get some great remarks. Very excited about sending in beers. Mine arrived 2 days ago.

EdWort said:
They need judges in Denver. I've been asked to go, but it's Brew Hut Raising weekend, otherwise I'd like to do it. I've volunteered to judge in Cinci though.
I'm debating about judging 2nd rd. Depends on what I have going on that weekend. I have not made an AHA conference since 1995.

Warrior said:
I'm debating about judging 2nd rd. Depends on what I have going on that weekend. I have not made an AHA conference since 1995.

C'mon out. We could use another old fart for Club Night. :D

Got my 7 bottles dropped off at Alesmith at 4:45 pm! I got off work later that I expected and sat in traffic all the way down to San Diego. I got there and there was a closed sign on the door, but the door seemed ajar. I opened it and Peter Zien and Tod Fitzsimmons were both there sitting inside the door just waiting for last minute entries.

On the way home I stopped by Stone for some growler refils, and was in time for the 6:00 tour. They are still expanding that place. I visited two microbreweries today! :rockin:

Brewsmith said:
Got my 7 bottles dropped off at Alesmith at 4:45 pm! I got off work later that I expected and sat in traffic all the way down to San Diego. I got there and there was a closed sign on the door, but the door seemed ajar. I opened it and Peter Zien and Tod Fitzsimmons were both there sitting inside the door just waiting for last minute entries.

On the way home I stopped by Stone for some growler refils, and was in time for the 6:00 tour. They are still expanding that place. I visited two microbreweries today! :rockin:

Man, you squeaked! Waydago! Two breweries to boot too. I gotta visit Stone in May.

EdWort said:
Man, you squeaked! Waydago! Two breweries to boot too. I gotta visit Stone in May.
Checked my tracking # and the beers got there Thursday. Now to hope they do well. Good luck to everyone that entered.

Back