Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Questions about March Pumps answered by the Factory!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #481
WalterAtMarchPump
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 12

you would need the entire 5B assembly....so you would need the impeller, front and rear housing...then have the impeller milled down and re-use all the rest of the parts like the shaft, thrust washer, o-ring, and screws from the old pump.

-Walter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #482
Irrenarzt
HNIC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 154 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Hi Walter. Quick question. I'm curious if the polysulfone 809 heads and the SS 809 heads both use the same o-ring? I'm having a hell of a time getting the 809 o-ring for a polysulfone head to stay in the groove of the SS head while I assemble the SS ones. I could lube it up with some silicone grease but I'm reluctant to do so if I do not need to as it is close to my hot wort.

The polysulfone head obviously doesn't have the two sided o-ring gland like the steel one, which in theory could mean you have two different sized o-rings. If not, any tips on getting the o-ring to stay seated in the gland on the SS head? If so, got a part number for the o-rings for the SS heads?

Thanks in advance.

On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #483
WalterAtMarchPump
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

The o-rings are different between the plastic and metal pumps......you needs part# 0809-0165-1000 thats for all the metal 809's. The plastic pumps have an o-ring that about .072 smaller so it would be a PITA to try and get it to fit.

or if you have a good local supply house handy then find a food grade o-ring with an ID of 2.441 and a cross section of.070

-Walter

Old 04-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #484
Irrenarzt
HNIC
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 154 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Thanks Walter!

On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #485
abrewer2
Recipes 

Why is the 815-pl-c not listed by Marsh under Homebrew Pumps. If you click on the listing it includes homebrew as a use. Is it designed to recirculate boil wort? Thanks

Old 05-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #486
phreaky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What is the duty cycle for an 809 pump? Thinking about using it with my RIMS tube as a sous vide cooker, but not sure if running it for 5-10 hours straight is a good idea or not. Thanks.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #487
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1712 Times on 1601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreaky View Post
What is the duty cycle for an 809 pump? Thinking about using it with my RIMS tube as a sous vide cooker, but not sure if running it for 5-10 hours straight is a good idea or not. Thanks.
I asked a similar question a few months ago. It's apparently actually fine to run 24/7, as I had suspected, as long as it's not being run dry.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #488
WalterAtMarchPump
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrewer2 View Post
Why is the 815-pl-c not listed by Marsh under Homebrew Pumps. If you click on the listing it includes homebrew as a use. Is it designed to recirculate boil wort? Thanks
The 815 doesn't come standard with a plug on the end...the beer pumps do...it can be built that way but its not a standard off the shelf type item for us here..that's pretty much the only reason...

-Walter

Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #489
WalterAtMarchPump
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreaky View Post
All of our pumps are designed for 24/7 operation. And running them 24/7 the motor mfg tells us that the motors should last anywhere from 3-5 years...but we have found them to much longer then that.

-Walter

Old 05-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #490
cscade

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Walter,

I'm looking into setting up an 809 with stock impeller for pumping a fixed volume up to a higher vessel in cycles. The system will be automated, so I'm looking into using a check valve to prevent the liquid in the output tubing above the pump from draining backwards when the pump shuts off. Priming won't be an issue, I just want to prevent gravity from adding back the volume of the hose above the source when the pump shuts off.

What should I look for specs wise on a check valve for this application? I don't know what kind of cracking pressure the pump will work with.

Thanks!

Seeker Brewing Co.
est. 2008
Build Thread - Blog

Quick Reply