Low flow from tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndofDays

Reaction score
So I'm stumped trying to solve this problem I've been having with my keg to faucet. The problem I am having is when I pull on the tap from my faucet it barely trickles out. But when I change the hose over to a picnic tap instead of my faucet beer comes out perfect. Please I need your guys help

My setup:
Keg-coupler(3/16 out)- 6.5ft 3/16 tubing- 1/4 nipple- shank- faucet ( trickles)

Keg-coupler(3/16 out) 5ft 3/16 tubing - picnic tap ( works perfect )

The things I've done to try and solve the problem:
Changed hoses size
Changed coupler
Changed faucet out
Changed nipple size
Cleaned dip tub

Yes everything was cleaned before i did or changed everything. When I change the hose i have changed diameter and length. First i started off with 1/4" at 4 ft, then I went to 1/4" at 6 ft, then i went to 3/16" at 4ft , and now it currently sits at 3/16" at 6.5ft

Possibilities:

- did you dry hop this batch? If so, either dip tube or Out post poppet could clog - repeatedly. Noobs catch me with this one all the time because they never mention the dry hopping (nor the less than stellar racking ;)) Hence it's now my Numero Uno question.

- you have the end of the long dip tube slammed against the keg bottom.
Yes, that happens.

- the Out post poppet spring is too stiff for the spring-loaded plunger in the beer quick disconnect to displace. This isn't uncommon when "universal poppets" have been used, as some posts are too short for the "universal" springs, which need to have a loop or so cut off. It can also happen when someone cleans multiple kegs and gets the poppets mixed up (wicked bad juju)...

Cheers!

The last time I had low flow from my faucets my lines were frozen and had to move them to the front of my kegerator.

Did you try changing the ball lock? You said when switching to the picnic tap it was fine...try that ball lock fitting.

Also, I did have an issue once where some cocao nibs made their way into the poppet and impeded flow.

Back