Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > looking for pump input!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 AM   #291
CraigT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ended up finding the polysulfone chugger for only 99$ at farmhouse. Seems like a better way to go for not much more money.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #292
CS223
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 8

FYI, many posts back I said I was going to run a 1/2" NPT die over my pump just for the sake of it. I didn't have any leaks the way it was with a Camlok on the Inlet & outlet, pumping hot wort. Just got the opportunity to borrow the die and chase the threads. It made a definite improvement in the thread engagement, hardly any thing in the way of shavings which is understandable since all it was doing was changing the thread angle from 55 deg to 60 deg. If you have issues with leaks, then I'd recommend chasing the threads, if not, don't bother.

Of all the things I've learned from HBT the single most important lesson has been: RDWHAHB.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #293
punk_rockin2001
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just bought a Topsflo TS5 from Sun-Pump and I can't get it to do anything... I've confirmed power going to the pump, I've tried every sort of priming I can think of to the pump. Anyone have this issue? The thing won't turn on, or even make a sound. Maybe I just got a dead one?

Edit: The power supply wasn't powerful enough! I tested a new one and it fired up perfectly!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #294
Polboy
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_rockin2001 View Post
I just bought a Topsflo TS5 from Sun-Pump and I can't get it to do anything... I've confirmed power going to the pump, I've tried every sort of priming I can think of to the pump. Anyone have this issue? The thing won't turn on, or even make a sound. Maybe I just got a dead one?

Edit: The power supply wasn't powerful enough! I tested a new one and it fired up perfectly!
Yea with mine topsflo i tested like 4 different power supply and the best one was 12V 1A ( strangelly 12V 2A worked but not as well)

Old 11-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #295
BeerPumpsEtc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakbarn View Post
I feel like the robot in Lost in Space. WARNING! WARNING! These pumps come with "bsp" thread. Just try to find a proper fittings. NPT will go on for about 3 turns only.

NO MORE BSP...
.We are in final production stages with Stainless Steel NPT fittings NOT BSP, We had them custom cut. Our new inventory is 750 units so should have plenty to go around. As we have always strive to do.... listen to you guys our valued customers and make the changes you ask for.

On another note I have partnered with another guy who brings a vast wealth of manufacturing to the table and we plan to improve on a number of products to help us home brewers do it easier, faster and more consistently, we promise to innovate this industry...

He will also improve our customer service as we continue to expand, we are moving this from a part time business to a full time gig with this partnership.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #296
kickz28
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerPumpsEtc View Post

NO MORE BSP...
.We are in final production stages with Stainless Steel NPT fittings NOT BSP, We had them custom cut. Our new inventory is 750 units so should have plenty to go around. As we have always strive to do.... listen to you guys our valued customers and make the changes you ask for.

On another note I have partnered with another guy who brings a vast wealth of manufacturing to the table and we plan to improve on a number of products to help us home brewers do it easier, faster and more consistently, we promise to innovate this industry...

He will also improve our customer service as we continue to expand, we are moving this from a part time business to a full time gig with this partnership.
Great news! I'll be ordering 2! Do you have an ETA?

Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #297
Psych
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Seconded, when are the NPT SS fitting pumps going to be available? I'm definitely interested, though I know shipping from across the country is almost as bad as getting stuff in from the states, but all good

Old 11-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #298
Squeeky
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerPumpsEtc View Post

NO MORE BSP...

Would you be able to offer exchanges for the NPT version. I have two BSP versions I have yet to use. I'd be willing to cover shipping if I could exchange them. As I think all of us were originally expecting NPT, and became surprised after receiving the first run.

Squeeky
Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #299
BeerPumpsEtc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As for an ETA we will not have them for best guess another month but I will have to keep an eye on that timing, start to finish it takes 90 days to manufacture these and we are about 60 days in.

As for an exchange i am going to think that is a can of worms we won't want to open in all honesty but.... we will likely offer replacement heads as there will be a natural request for parts in time.

Other updates, I have partnered with another fellow who is a small manufacturer but brings a wealth of experience to developing and or improving on products for this industry, he in fact is whom assisted in the modifications to the beer pump. We have some great innovations we are working on.

Finally, our longggggg awaited release of our tanks will begin in the next week or two at most so keep an eye on that for those who have inquired..

Scott
GreatBrewEh

Old 11-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #300
jamieboot
Recipes 

Scott,

I just ordered two of these last week to be shipped to Japan.

Can you confirm they will be the stainless NPT versions as advertised on the website?
Are you saying these wont be shipped for at least another month? should probably inform people of that when they buy them!

Cheers

Jamie

Quick Reply