Affordable high temp sump pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a sump pump, preferably 1/2 HP - 1HP, that can handle high temperatures, minimum 140F. Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like to keep it under $100 but I know beggers can't be choosers.

Are you looking for a submersible sump pump, or could a non-submersible work?
A quick look around for a 1/2HP submersible that can handle 140°F+ temperatures start around $400...

Cheers!

Are you looking for a submersible sump pump, or could a non-submersible work?
A quick look around for a 1/2HP submersible that can handle 140°F+ temperatures start around $400...

Cheers!
I was preferring submersible, but I would take a non-submersible if it's cheaper. I can work around that.

I’ve been using a regular ole utilitech Lowe’s/Home Depot submersible for my CIP for years. No problems. And cheap enough that if it does eventually fail, I’ll just buy another

Heck! Me too... I have a long term plan to use an upside down squat sanke as the basis for a combo keg-washer/CIP-for brew-rig unit with a heating element and all, but have been frustrated with the high cost of the pumps that closest match the requirements. I've been wondering about pumps used in some of the cheaper pressure-washers and steam-cleaners, but owing to brain-damage and memory loss, I'm 'sure' there's some important reason to not consider them, but I can't grok it.
Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back