Another Sanyo 4912 Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
Any Sanyo 4912 owners know if it is possible to mount something to the sides or back of the fridge? I want to be able to mount my distributor but I don't know where a safe place would be to put the screws. I can only assume that the freon line across the top also runs down one or both of the sides. Anyone have any ideas?

I can't help you on where the lines run, but I can tell you that when you hit a coolant line, you know it real fast, and I'd suggest leaving the room too.

Using same or 2 different pressures?

If using same pressure just use a 'Y', with two shut-off valves.

If using two different pressures, what were you going to do with the second regulator? Or is a tandem regulator? If a tandem regulator connected to the bottle, no need for a manifold.:confused:

It's a 2-way distributor with individual shut-off valves. I think since I have ball-lock kegs that I'm gonna just have to set it on top to keep it elevated and have easy access to it. Sounds like I shouldn't drill into the side of the Sanyo from what I've read and I'm not gonna have much space on the side anyway.

The heat rejection portion (condenser) on the refrigeration circuit is rows of copper tubing embedded into the foam on both sides of the fridge. Without having first hand experience with this particular unit, I can tell you that the tubing will be closer to the outside skin than the interior liner, to keep from rejecting the heat back into the cooler box. Where exactly the lines are located and how deep into the foam they are embedded, I can't be certain. The line across the top connects the two condenser sections together. I don't believe that there are any refrigerant lines running in the back wall.

You could rig up something like this:
keg8.jpg

Thats John Beere's 4912 BTW and I'm pretty sure he used the holes and screws in the cold plate. PM him, I'm sure he'd be able to help.

Latest posts

Back