Zwanze 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone going to Zwanze at Beachwood Seal Beach? Tickets go on sale today. Nice line up too Zwanze, Gueuze, Vig, Lam, Nath, CSG
Seal Beach beachwood is my usual Zwanze spot. It's definitely worth checking out if you haven't done it over there yet. The morning session has a good breakfast buffet, and the afternoon sesh is pretty good too. Both times ive been there I sat at the bar and brought additional bottles to open and share. Several other people did the same thing. I drank lots of vintage Lou Pepe's a couple years back. I'd say we should meet up there, but I'll be in VT for Zwanze this year.

Think that's the lineup everywhere?

andrewdrinks lol, I'm guessing by the time you would get there, 13:00 at best, they'll be long gone. Basically 40 people each buying 2 tickets:( just drink with me at cantillon again:) I'll be going in November probably.
A lot of places seem to not have Vig and Lam on the lineup, and have kriek, rose, and/or csg instead.

Day of Zwanze information is up at JollyPumpkin.com
Tickets go sale on sale on our website on Tuesday, September 5th at Noon EST.
Tickets will be $100 dollars.

Breweries joining us so far-

Cantillon - pouring Zwanze, Gueze, Cuvée St-Gilloise, Vigneronne, St-Lamvinus, & Nath

Allagash Brewing Company

Anchorage Brewing Company

Birds Fly South Ale Project

Black Project Spontaneous & Wild Ales

Creature Comforts Brewing Company

Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen

Fonta Flora Brewery

Green Bench Brewing Company

Gueuzerie Tilquin

Holy Mountain Brewing

Jackie O's

Jester King Brewery

Lost Abbey

Monkish Brewing Company

Off Color Brewing

Other Half Brewing

Oxbow Brewing Company

Penrose Brewing Company

Revelry Brewing Company

Scratch Brewing Company

Sante Adairius Rustic Ales

Side Project Brewing

The Rare Barrel

Tired Hands Brewing Company

The Veil Brewing Company

Yazoo Brewing Company

Set a reminder! We can't wait to see you on September 23rd for Day of Zwanze at Jolly Pumpkin.

20 days away! i cant wait to drown myself in tilquin!

Allagash -
Coolship Resurgam: Cooled overnight using outside air temperature in a large shallow pan known as a coolship. Aromas of apricot, lemon zest, and candied fruit. Notes of tropical fruit and flavors of funk lead to a clean, tart and dry finish.

Anchorage -
Time Waits for No One – Imperial Stout ages in Portuguese Port barrels

Birds Fly South -
Brand New Eyes: A Red wine solera farmhouse with Motueka hops.
Graffiti Heart: A blended red sour Foeder and select barrel blend, brewed in the flander-ish style.

Black Project -
Peacemaker: A blend of two spontaneous solera fermented beers aged in cherry wine barrels.
Cloudmaster: Spontaneous American wild ale.
Dreamland: Spontaneous sour golden ale.

Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen -
Armand & Gaston: A blend of 1, 2 and 3-year Lambic.
Hommage: Lambic with raspberries and cherries.
Oude Kriek: Lambic with cherries.

Creature Comforts-
Booger Hill: Uses local honey from Booger Hill Bee Company in Danielsville, GA. Rested 12 months in French oak.
Subtle Alchemy Blend 002: Highlights American Oak and subtle cherry flavor to bring a tart cherries and cream profile. Blended components range from 22 to 8 months old

Fonta Flora -
Ticky Tick Buzz: Kvass de Miel. Brewed with multigrain bread, cardamom, and honey.
Need A Hug: Appalachian Wild Ale with blueberries and elderberries

Green Bench-
Tiki Tack: 100% Brettanomyces Gose with Guava and Passion Fruit. A collaboration with Brewski.
Sauvage Miel: 100% Brettanomyces Farmhouse Ale in which 30% of the fermentable sugars are FL grown Orange Blossom Honey. Hopped entirely with Mandarina Bavaria.

Gueuzerie Tilquin-
Squared: Blend of 1, 2 and 3-year Lambic.
Quetsch: Blend of 1 and 2-year Lambic with plums.
Mure: Lambic with blackberries

Holy Mountain-
Witchfinder: A sour Brett Saison.
Choir of the Sun: Mixed culture Saison fermented and aged in oak puncheons.
Sudachi Table: Mixed fermentation beer aged in oak on Sudachi fruit.
Phosphene: Ale aged in oak barrels on apricots.

Jackie O's-
Elle: Mixed fermentation Saison aged in an oak foudre.
Scrip: Grisette Style Ale aged in wine barrels.
Hockhocking: Mixed fermentation Saison Style Ale aged in wine barrels.

Jolly Pumpkin:
Hamajang
Sea Buckthorn Fandango
Innovator Man
Turbo Bam

Jester King-
Spon Methode Gueuze: Blend of 1, 2, and 3 year old Spontaneous beer.
Le Petit Prince: Farmhouse table beer.
Omniscience and Proselytism: Mature barrel aged beer re-fermented on Texas strawberries.
Provenance Lemon and Lime: Farmhouse ale brewed with Texas lemons and limes.

Lost Abbey-
Veritas 19: Oak Aged Sour Ale with Raspberries.

Monkish-
Apocolocynposis: Barrel aged farmhouse ale with blackberries and lime made in collaboration with Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales.
Amigas y Amigos: Wild blonde ale aged in an oak barrel (single-barrel) for two years.

North Peak –
Anniversary Ale

Off Color-
Yuzu Fierce: Berliner weiss and saison hybrid with yuzu.

Other Half-
Cream of Broccoli: Imperial IPA with Cascade, Hallertau Blanc, Mosaic, and Simcoe, oats, and lactose sugar.
Double Dry-Hopped Southernhopalistic: Double dry-hopped India Pale Ale with Nelson Sauvin, Motueka, and Topaz hops.
Double Dry-Hopped Double Mosaic Dream: Single hop Mosaic Imperial India Pale Ale.

Oxbow-
BAFPA: BAFPA is produced by blending varying vintages of our flagship farmhouse ale that have been resting in French and American oak barrels.

Penrose-
Wild 10: Wild red ale aged in wine and bourbon barrels.
Wild 22: Oak fermented brett saison aged on peaches.

Perennial Artisan Ales-
Funky Wit Raspberry: Mixed fermentation Belgian-style Witbier aged in oak with Raspberries.
Funky Wit Charentais Melon: Mixed fermentation Belgian-style Witbier aged in oak with Charentais Melon.
Funky Wit: Mixed fermentation Belgian-style Witbier aged in oak.

Revelry-
Eden’s Lot: blond ale in French oak for 6 months and refermented on passion fruit and guava in stainless steel for 2 months. Bottle conditioned with brettanomyces.
Flowers of Tokushima: 8 month Foeder aged American Farmhouse beer. Sudachi Lime juice and yuzu zest added and bottle conditioned.

Sante Adairius-
West Ashley: Saison aged in French Oak Pinot Noir barrels with apricots.
Capitola Sunset: Saison inspired by the pink, orange, and azure sunsets right outside the brewery door.

Side Project Brewing:
La Ruche: Saison Aged in Missouri Oak with Orange Blossom Honey.
Spontanfermier: Barrel-fermented Missouri spelt Saison blended with Belgian Lambic and brewed in collaboration with our friends at Mikkeller.

The Rare Barrel-
Hyper Paradise: golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with mangoes and passion fruit.
Seditious Ways: dark sour beer aged in oak barrels with tart cherries.
Shades of Cool: golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with black currants.
Another World: blended red sour beer aged in oak barrels.

Tired Hands-
Hop Hands: American Pale Ale with Oats.
Saison Hands: A hoppy Saison.
Ourison: An oak aged Saison.

Yazoo-
Saison de Bois: Mixed culture Saison aged in 20 year old French Oak Puncheons.
Cherry Deux Rouges: Flanders Red ale aged in freshly emptied Merlot barrels for 20 months and conditioned on Cherries.
Zure Bruine: Flanders Brown ale aged in red wine barrels for 2 years.

Scratch -
Chanterelle Biére de Garde: Made with foraged chanterelle mushrooms from the woods surrounding our brewery.
Strawberry Rhubarb Sour: Sour beer made without hops, made with local strawberries and rhubarb, boiled over a direct-fire in our copper kettle and fermented with our wild house mixed culture.

The Veil-
IREALLYdontwanttoBU: Double dry-hopped 0 IBU IPA with Citra and Mosaic.
We Ded Mon: Triple IPA with 100% Citra hops.

tenor.gif

Same as past years i'll be going to Zwanze day in Amsterdam. Will anybody else be there?

Really looking forward to this year's experiment. Oolong should be very interesting. I'll be there with my girlfriend and possibly some other Dutch and/or Swedish friends.

I've never been to Zwanze Day. Every year, SOMETHING comes up, and I'm unable to attend. Right now, there are no weddings that weekend, I'm not traveling, my Mom's birthday is in the middle of that week but will either be celebrated the weekend before or the day after Zwanze Day.

DON'T ANYBODY DO ANYTHING AND SCREW THIS UP FOR ME. I demand the opportunity to drink beer and eat breakfast at Fool's Gold at like 8AM with axeman9182, then hang out all day and drink lewnnz and whatnot. Please, little baby Jesus. Just let me have this one year.

And just like that, my gf decides to take a last minute trip to Miami with friends, which means I am on 24/7 dog dad duty for our extra needy little dog while she's away, which jeopardizes my ability to leave the house long enough to ensure my right to drink peach tea lambic next weekend.

Every god damned year.

And just like that, my gf decides to take a last minute trip to Miami with friends, which means I am on 24/7 dog dad duty for our extra needy little dog while she's away, which jeopardizes my ability to leave the house long enough to ensure my right to drink peach tea lambic next weekend.

Every god damned year.

kennel the dog?

Gonna be in Seattle at the end of this coming week, and planned to celebrate Zwanze at Slow Boat Tavern but saw tickets were only via in-person sale. Is the event only exclusive to those ticket holders, or can outsiders like myself join in? Would be a pity to miss out on Zwanze for the first time in years.

Gonna be in Seattle at the end of this coming week, and planned to celebrate Zwanze at Slow Boat Tavern but saw tickets were only via in-person sale. Is the event only exclusive to those ticket holders, or can outsiders like myself join in? Would be a pity to miss out on Zwanze for the first time in years.

Slow Boat is a small venue, it's ticketed only.

Anyone ever been to Montreal for zwanze? Thinking of going to Dieu du Ciel this year because we'll be in VT at the time.
They doing tickets this year, deli style though so grab one when you walk in. Get there super early and bring some bottles but be subtle about it. They posted the deets today...

Doors at 1pm, Zwanze at 3pm. RdG, Classic Gueuze, Bruoc, Vig, St.Gil, Iris and Lam will be available. Zwanze ticket at the door will be 6.75$ 1pp for a 5oz pour. Like every year though no glass/shirt but it's still a good time. I don't plan on sticking around too long after I get my pour.

Hit me up if you make it super early and we'll swap some fluids

They doing tickets this year, deli style though so grab one when you walk in. Get there super early and bring some bottles but be subtle about it. They posted the deets today...

Doors at 1pm, Zwanze at 3pm. RdG, Classic Gueuze, Bruoc, Vig, St.Gil, Iris and Lam will be available. Zwanze ticket at the door will be 6.75$ 1pp for a 5oz pour. Like every year though no glass/shirt but it's still a good time. I don't plan on sticking around too long after I get my pour.

Hit me up if you make it super early and we'll swap some fluids

I'm headed to DdC Saturday, what time would you recommend getting there?

I'm headed to DdC Saturday, what time would you recommend getting there?
Line usually starts around 10 so I would recommend no later than 11. Hard to say though every year there seems to be more and more people getting in to craft beer

That is just what I would recommend though... It is a very small venue. You might be ok showing up noon but seeing as you are likely coming from VT I would try and get there super early

That is just what I would recommend though... It is a very small venue. You might be ok showing up noon but seeing as you are likely coming from VT I would try and get there super early

Thanks, staying at an airbnb a few blocks away Friday and Saturday nights but I didn't realize the line starts so early.

Ah, oh well. Thanks for the insight. Holy Mtn it is then.
Last year a friend stopped by Slow Boat after the event and several Cantillon beers were still on tap. The Zwanze was gone, but some others remained. Might be worth a shot after Holy Mountain–but plenty of other good beer in Seattle, too.

Dumb question here : I live in Brussels and visit 3F, Dorst (Eizeringen), etc at least once a month but I've never been to Zwanze. iI it really worth it? And are all pours priced at 6,50, like the ticket price?

Thanks, staying at an airbnb a few blocks away Friday and Saturday nights but I didn't realize the line starts so early.
I love seeing brewers wait in line. ;)

I thought I would be at Fools Gold but booked a last minute trip to SD.. Anyone has leads or an extra San Diego Zwanze ticket because you know, your friend flaked, gf making you go to a baby shower, wife has plans, or you bought an extra? Let me know will make it worth your effort.
wink.gif

Has there been anything about zwaynze day at de Garde? I saw some tickets were available on site. It it's been radio silence otherwise.

Me. If you look hard enough. I'm pouring my stuff at another event, but i plan on ducking out for a bit to drink some zwanze. Tapping is at 2. I'll prob be there around 1:30.

Find me! I'm gonna wear a Talkbeer shirt. I'll be upstairs all day long (from around 9-10ish until I finally die of exhaustion in the evening) near the bathroom (specifically I should find myself on the right side of that room that the bathroom is in, at one of the small tables, with my back to the picture of the girl offering the flower to the skeleton.)

I'll be on St Charles Ave as well...
It's beer week in NOLA ...but all the events I saw were sad.

There's actually a beer fest across town that has the shelfiest 400+ tappings in history.

I'll be on St Charles Ave as well...
It's beer week in NOLA ...but all the events I saw were sad.

There's actually a beer fest across town that has the shelfiest 400+ tappings in history.

NOLA on tap? That fest is more about local brewers (homebrew) than anything for those in the know, that and raising money for charity.

Back