ZoeTzuur?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineIsRed

Reaction score
I've just had (and am having) one of the best brew-related experiences of my life...

What can anyone tell me about ZoeTzuur? The label says that it's a Flanders Red brewed with cherry juice.

This stuff is spectacular! It could be a bit more sour, but seriously this is possibly the best alcoholic brew I've ever tasted (and I've tasted a lot).

I'm not experienced with sour brews, though I've brewed a few dozen beer/wine/mead batches and have my first two lambics in carboys. Would it be possible to clone this? OK, I know it would be *possible* to clone this, but does anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

I know everyone likes different things, but wow is this good!

I had the same thought when I visited Russian River in Santa Rosa CA. The sours were drop dead great. Now I brew them all the time.

Jamil Z. has a great Flanders Red in Brewing Classic Styles. I added currants (raisins) and cherries and oak to mine. Must use Roeselare yeast. Big big win. I've made 2 of these now, quite sour.

Latest posts

Back