Zippo lighters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleybug88

Reaction score
I finally quit smoking 15 months ago, I haven't cheated and I'm never going back.

After doing fireworks last night and needing a lighter. I discovered that I miss my Zippo lighter more than smoking. The feel of it and the sound it made when you flicked it open and closed it.

The Bic lighters were very efficient but to me just didn't have that feel.

True, but the Bic doesn't leak in your pocket as the airliner descends for a landing. Still have the burn on my leg from 1978.

I remember when I was a kid, my Dad would use a Zippo to light a cigarette & the smell from the lighter combined with the smell of that 1st bit of tobacco smoke was so enjoyable. Odd thing, I never smelled that whenever I used a Zippo to light my cigarettes.
Regards, GF.

I remember when I was a kid, my Dad would use a Zippo to light a cigarette & the smell from the lighter combined with the smell of that 1st bit of tobacco smoke was so enjoyable. Odd thing, I never smelled that whenever I used a Zippo to light my cigarettes.
Regards, GF.

I still remember my grandfather lighting his cigarette with his zippo.. I love that smell and the cool sound it makes when it was flipped open..

I still have a couple. They dont get carried around much anymore, especially since it has been more than 10 years since I have smoked. They are also less useful to carry around since smoking in bars became against the law. One rule I learned early on was that if a woman needed to find a light and you didnt have one, you missed your chance.

I miss the click as well, and had one that could pass the bet in the movie Four Rooms of lighting 10 times in a row.

I think I can still do the trick where with the flick of a wrist, you open it and light it.
I still miss the smell of a zippo when you first light it. I don't miss the smell of my laundry after smoking. No cigs for 7+ years for me.

I found one of my old zippos the other day. Id agree about the aroma you got when lighting up with a zippo. A camel non-filter lit with a zippo or wood match....

I quit tobacco ten years ago.Don't miss it or the expense at all.I still have all my harley zippos in a drawer .Wish I had a reason to carry one.I miss a zippo way more than a cigarette.

I have one sitting here on my computer desk, haven't smoked in 23 years but it brings back memories. I was raised very near Bradford, Pa. where the Zippo lighter is manufactured, when we would go into Bradford I would see the neon lighter on one of the buildings, always will remember it. Well that was only ~ 60 years ago. Time goes by.:rockin:

Back