Yuri Rage's rig on HackaDay.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap! Like I don't have enough things I want to build/test/play with. Now the list is going to grow to near unmanageable proportions!!!!

Nice rig, Yuri!!

Very cool, Yuri. What would you say the primary benefits are of a software-based control system over a hardware-based system (PID controllers, etc.)?

I'll have to watch your brewing series with a pint or three this evening when i get home.

MrFebtober said:
Very cool, Yuri. What would you say the primary benefits are of a software-based control system over a hardware-based system (PID controllers, etc.)?
There isn't a ton of benefit if you don't have the ability to write software. Currently, I don't plan on making the software more universal and/or user friendly so that it will work with other people's systems, so you'll be somewhat on your own for that.

However, if you're interested in software development, I think there are some great benefits to writing your own control routines. The system will work exactly as you want, and you can tweak every parameter to maximize its operation. With the Arduino, I have the ability to add sensors and control measures that may not be available as standalone or off-the-shelf solutions.

Holy crap! Since the Hack a Day post, my e-mail has been FLOODED with new subscribers to my YouTube videos. My videos only had a few hundred views the last time I looked; now some are up over 10,000! I guess that site gets a lot of traffic. I'm truly flattered. I updated my YouTube channel with a custom look and a bulletin/comment about why there's been no new content recently.

Latest posts

Back