YouTube White Tint on Videos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wreck99

Wrecked Brewery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this and apologize if this is the wrong place. I'm looking for some help on this puzzle of mine. I have started posting videos on my YouTube channel again. I record them via my LG G4 smartphone, which has an amazing camera in HD. The videos look great on my computer. I edit them through Windows Movie Maker (Win7) and use the Upload to YouTube feature at the highest quality. Yet, a lot of them get uploaded with this white tint on them and not in 1080 HD. Any idea what I can do to improve this?

Post one.

My first thought is they do that with viewed videos. Not in the actual video though, just the preview.

It was the actual video. I figured it out. For some reason posting via the Windows Movie Maker (publish to YouTube) feature, it kills the quality and puts this weird white tint overlay on the video. I notice when I save the video as 1080p on my desktop, then upload to YouTube separately, its in HD. Not sure why it works that way, but ok.

Back