Your dog!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjiefx

Reaction score
Hey!!!

I would say that one of my other passion is my dog... I saw on some of your pictures that you guys have that passion too.

Well, I'll introduce you to Reese (like the peanut butter cup), my super-dog:

312761075.jpg

178640177.jpg

179539599.jpg

248189715.jpg

He's a 2 years ½ old super-intelligent Parson Russell. He's got full of energy.

How about you introduce us to your "man's best-friend"???

Here's Sadie. 7-year-old German Shorthaired Pointer. Rescued her 2 years ago. She's very sweet, but more docile and calm than typical GSP's:

P1010136.jpg

P1010165.jpg

And Xander, another GSP, almost 4. Rescued him 4 months ago. He's very smart, very loving, and hyper as hell...

P1010185.jpg

P1010177.jpg

Best dogs ever.

Two retired racing greyhounds

Katiebelle

2113-katie_head.JPG

Cougar [a dog named after a car named after a cat]

2113-CougarPosed343.JPG

You all are wrong, my dog is the best ever, my ex convinced me to get him from the shelter (there are always lots of things I want in life but I never make the jump on my own) and I got to keep him after the split.

Coby is 2.5 years old (although these pics are a little old), had him 2 years now, black lab mutt.

P1000795.jpg

cobystairs.jpg

cobyreindeer.jpg

the day I got him
P1000589.jpg

xjiefx said:
Well, I'll introduce you to Reese (like the peanut butter cup), my super-dog...
Allow me to introduce...Reese! ...and we thought we were being so original when we named him!

He made a recent appearance on a label of mine:

4688-hoppindoglabel.jpg

Here are my two helping me brew some beer this weekend. One on the right is Turkey, 5.5 year old rescue, and the one on the left is Beta who my wife brought home from work as a puppy a year ago. (She works at an animal hospital, and Beta had parvo and needed a home).

My brewery is named after the two of them: Double Mutt Brewing!

Helpers-large.jpg

Ender in his usual spot:

EnderCouch.JPG

He's a Mutt (probably Boxer/White German Shepherd, but we have no real idea) rescued about 3 years ago as a puppy.

I was just thinking about starting a thread about this the other day. Here is my girl (Siku). She is a white Siberian Husky.

30834916_3c5a370a1151713670.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg

Meet Casey, a 12 year-old Sheltie. Getting grumpy in her old age, but we still love her.

caseysh7.jpg

Here's Diego, a 1.5 year Sheltie, and my little buddy. Tons of energy and is the instigator of the group.

diegons0.jpg

And number three is Kiwi, a 1 year old (we think) Aussie/Border Collie/some other stuff mix we adopted from a rescue. He's the sweetest dog I've ever met, and I can't believe he wasn't adopted. 45 pounds but he thinks he's a lap dog!

kiwiaw7.jpg

(If anyone is in the Northeast and would like the name of a great animal rescue, please PM me.)

Henry (on the right). Half Bernese Mtn Dog, half unknown (shepherd, maybe). Adopted a few years back, the shelter thought he was "maybe 5" then, but we think they were off by a year or two. Absolutely the most laid-back dog I've ever met. Our two-year-old sits on his head, stands on his rib cage, and generally just uses him as a jungle gym, and Henry doesn't bat an eyelash.

View attachment 2104

Dakota puppy:
1-dog.jpg

Dakota at six months or so:
1-dakita.jpg

Here's Fore and Cloud. Forgive the mess we were just moving in.

foreandcloud.jpg

Fore is the mutt on the left, rescued as a puppy, and Cloud we just rescued 2 years ago. They are both close to 7 years old. I'm impressed with how many people have rescued dogs on here.

warped04 said:
I'm impressed with how many people have rescued dogs on here.
I agree! There are just so many great dogs out there that need a second chance in a loving home.

This is Veda and Zero. Veda is a unknown mix that we rescued five years ago. Zero is a boxer that I've had since he was five weeks old, he is eleven now. They both are good dogs but Zero has really set the bar high as to what to expect from a dog in our household. He is smarter than a lot of people that I know.

072xw9.jpg

8240-100B0370.JPG

8240-100_0198.JPG

8240-100_1222.JPG

BTW, all of you have some healthy, happy, and smart looking dogs.

edit: Except deathbrewer, man, you need to get that dog off the 'roids lol.

DaveyBoy said:
I agree! There are just so many great dogs out there that need a second chance in a loving home.

I agree too... But I had no choice but to adopt a new puppy. When a terrier (jack russells in particular) aquire bad habits, it's really hard to train them to your way.

I Salute every one who rescued!!! cheers to you guys!:mug:

This is Willie, she's another mutt from the pound, this is from the day I brought her home... Got her from a place that takes dogs from kill shelters around the country, she originally came from W. Virginia. She's about 1.5-2 yrs old, great little dog but I've never seen an animal that sheds so much. And, that's El Gato in the background, he was found in a dumpster when he was a kitten

willie.jpg

Here is Buster, He is a Boxer and the ruler of the house hold, second only to our 18 month old. I agree with you HighPlains, Boxers are hella smart but they can seem like they don't have a clue other times.

7985-BusterCEO.jpg

Cheers

Here is Lilly, we adopted her about 2 years ago. She's a pitbull mix but the sweetest dog ever. She's deffinatly the most calm of the three
lilly.jpg

And here is her on her "swing"...the tree was knocked down during a storm so she doesn's swing anymore....

http://www.geocities.com/alamo_beer/lilly.wmv

This is Chloe, she adopted us about a year ago. We really have no idea what she is.
chloe.jpg

And here's the newest addition, Charlie. He was our neighbor's but they didn't want him. He's a dashound chiuaua (Sp?) mix and he's only about 3mo old. We're trying to find him a home but most likely he'll just be ours.

01010201020401040520070706118016b0f6e917625a00cfc0.jpg

SWMBO loves the doggies guys, and as mentioned before is duly impressed by the number of rescues.

She rescued Sadie, (an australian/siberian mix) from her Step-Brother 18+ years ago... She's diabetic and blind but still kickin. She sleeps and mooches a lot but she's still a lovable old girl.

Ize

3414-SadieRev091906.jpg
[/IMG]

Bukka (8 yo cattle dog)
P1010024.jpg

Willow (3 yo Border collie)
P1010007.jpg

Wren (3 yo Border Collie)
P1010021.jpg

Wow... you all have really beautiful dogs...

I can't wait to buy a house and adopt a 2nd dog... I still don't know what kind it will be but we have a preference for the terriers. Maybe another Jack Russell or a border terrier. I really love small dogs packed with energy!!

What would be your next dog? Rescue? Pure breed? Mutt? (as you call them)

Back