Young Love advice needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
asking a bunch of drunks about dating advice may not be a great idea. that said, if your feelings for the previous girl are not what they once were, chances are they will not work out. if this other girl is interested, you'll pawnch yourself in the berries if you never try.

I think you're wrong there. It's the fact we're all on CPUs that's the issue.

I forgot how to approach a women, so now I just walk up and say "Sup. You like that song Waterfalls?" as the last time I dated that was the in song.

I'm so alone...but I'm sticking to the rivers and the lakes that I'm used to.

That's a really good song.

Stay in your bedroom with xtube fired up and be self sufficient. You're a digital man now - embrace it. Love it. Spank it.

Most women can't resist a poet. All you need to do is find your inner Keats and express you love and frustration. Chicks dig a frustrated man more than ANYTHING!

Here's a sample of something that will make her insides quiver with desire:

In my heart the fires burning,
Choose my colour find a star.
Precious people always tell me
That's a step a step too far

Do you really want to hurt me?

Do you really want to make me cry?

(Don't forget to pack an "raincoat" when you share this beauty!)

Most women can't resist a poet. All you need to do is find your inner Keats and express you love and frustration. Chicks dig a frustrated man more than ANYTHING!

This has got to be satire.

Yes, because he suggested quoting Culture Club to woo a female.

But women like culture.

They also like guys who are in a club, because that shows they are social beings, instead of the type of guy who'd sit alone in a dank basement for hours poring over a solitary hobby while drinking too much...

Hey, what kind of forum is this again?

I had pretty much lost all hope for this thread but it took a most entertaining turn.

Still think the OP needs to grow a pair though...

Cheers! ;)

Are you guys having unseasonable rain too?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIxHb7cA6tg[/ame]

But women like culture.

They also like guys who are in a club, because that shows they are social beings, instead of the type of guy who'd sit alone in a dank basement for hours poring over a solitary hobby while drinking too much...

Hey, what kind of forum is this again?

It's whatever kind you want it to be baby.

A list of other things women like:

1.Eating
2.Drinking
3.Breathing
4.Talking at low levels from a distance
5. Guys with Binoculars

I had pretty much lost all hope for this thread but it took a most entertaining turn.

Still think the OP needs to grow a pair though...

Cheers! ;)

Has that ever been a good thing? Like, Oh man look how big these are. Wow this hurts.

Hey everyone, I know this is a bit of a soppy post but id really appreciate some help on the matter.

Basically, last September, I met a girl in college (sixth form in the UK) and developed feelings for her over time. They were requited, but not as much as I'd have liked so we both essentially remained single even though I was a bit head over heels for her.

I wasn't treat very well by her but we remain awkward friends a year later. Now its all blown over, but theres still a fair amount of water under the bridge for us, im in a sticky situation.

She has a friend who is absolutely gorgeous, long legs, cute smile, the works. We even have the same taste as each other from what ive gathered and ive heard it through the grapevine that she finds me attractive.

I really want to get talking to her, but im feeling like I'm putting myself at risk of being turned down or embarrassed since she is friends with the first girl I mentioned.

Could anyone help me out with this? I'm not just trying to have sex with her either, I think we'd really hit it off. Do I go there or leave it as is.

Thanks chaps.

"Hey, listen. I know we've been doing the casual thing for a little while and it's been an absolute blast. But, I've been thinking lately about pursuing something a little bit more serious. I think we have a lot of fun and I'd like to try and step it up another level."

(Option 1: girl1 turns you down)
"*Laugh* Huh, I get it, thank you for being honest with me. So how about ... "insert stuff you normally talk about here..."

If she goes quiet and awkward, tell her "Look, I'm sorry I said anything. But there is no such thing as awkward situations, only people make things awkward, can we forget it happened?" <--- Gives her the upper hand, which, if she's a good chick, she'll return to normal.

Then go get the other girl. If the first girl comes up in conversation just be honest and say that "you were just looking for two different things."

If she's really into you, she'll pick you over her friend and brush her off as a slut.

(Option 2: girl1 says "yeah, I can do a serious thing")
Say "I was really hoping you'd say that," bring her in close and kiss her. Say that it feels way better with that out of the way.

Go for it Bro....
if your rejected its not the end of the world just find a new pond to fish in. if all goes well then rejoice in your new happiness....
good luck my friend......

Go after what you want. If you like the girl ask her out. If you still think the initial girl is your first choice, ask her. Worst that can happen is a no. I asked my sister in laws best friend out. Still working on that one. Worst thing that can happen is hearing no. Best is you find that perfect one.

So, if I have this right, the other girl in question is an ex not-quite-girlfriend you had and that relationship kind of fizzled out, but without a whole hell of a lot of drama? If this is the case and I am correct, there are four people you aren't allowed to ask out, date, or boink out of respect for her feelings:

1) her sister
2) her mother
3) her brother (I don't know you very well... might be your thing)
4) her father (reference #3)

Even then #s 1 and 3 are iffy.

Notice that her friends and acquaintances aren't on that list of 4...

With that said, the woman you are interested might shoot you down out of loyalty to her friend, and if that is the case I'd just give it some time. Chances are she'll get the green light from her buddy eventually.

You can trust my advice on all matters... Im a complete idiot.

Alright folks, you've all given me such great advice so I aught to give you a run down of whats been happening since I last posted.
I grew the balls to go and talk to her, and it went great. We do have a lot in common and shes a lovely girl, the conversation was flowing.

After a while though things died down and I didnt get an explanation as to why. It was a quick deal and it's all over now but im 90% sure the first girl I mentioned got in touch with the new one and told her to stop talking to me.

Shes done this thing before, so it wouldn't suprise me if she did it again, old habits die hard.

Most annoying thing is that although she wants nothing to do with me, she doesnt want anyone else having anything to do with me, so im usually left with the lower end of the female spectrum when getting to know people.

Onwards and upwards however, and thank you once again for all the advice, I honestly feel better now than I did before.

What? You're just going to give up with the new girl? You took a WAG and think girl #1 interfered? You don't know that and so f-ing what if she did? Don't just throw in the towel here.

What? You're just going to give up with the new girl? You took a WAG and think girl #1 interfered? You don't know that and so f-ing what if she did? Don't just throw in the towel here.

Agreed.

Go back and ask her if something happened... lay it all on the line. Be all, "I really thought we were hitting it off, let's go get weird."

So girl #1 shoots you down, you go after her friend, #2, hit it off and things fizzle out. Why not approach girl #1 and find out what's up? Seems like #1 is c-blocking you, which is messed up if so. I'd agree with the rest of the guys. At least maybe she could give you insight on what transpired...

Definitely continue pursuing Girl 2. Win her over. Girl 1 would make your life miserable no matter what happens.

Here it is: don't confront girl #1 like you would a clockblocking dude. That won't end well (Hell hath no fury and such). Instead, just be honest with girl #2. "I really liked spending time with you and I'd love to see you again. Can we get together Saturday?" If she shoots you down, then politely ask for an explanation and maybe even specifically ask if it's because of girl #1. If it is (and if it looks like there's no chance of redemption with girl #2,) THEN go to girl #1 and say "Cockblock me again and I'll c%#tpunch you so hard your grandchildren will have miscarriages." *mic drop*

ETA: Disclaimer - not actually advocating violence.

Here it is: don't confront girl #1 like you would a clockblocking dude. That won't end well (Hell hath no fury and such). Instead, just be honest with girl #2. "I really liked spending time with you and I'd love to see you again. Can we get together Saturday?" If she shoots you down, then politely ask for an explanation and maybe even specifically ask if it's because of girl #1. If it is (and if it looks like there's no chance of redemption with girl #2,) THEN go to girl #1 and say "Cockblock me again and I'll c%#tpunch you so hard your grandchildren will have miscarriages." *mic drop*

Verbatim.

Do it.

Alternatively, I've found the D.E.N.N.I.S. system to be quite effective.

latest

Sounds like Girl #1 has some issues, especially if this is something she makes a habit of doing.

Still, if you and Girl #2 hit it off, don't let her go that easily. Ask her straight up why things got weird after starting out so well. If Girl #1 indeed got to her, maybe ask #1 what her deal is. Does she still have a thing for you? Does she think you aren't good enough for her friend? Is she just one of those people who thrives on drama?

I had a kind of/sort of situation like this when I was younger. If girl #1 is poisoning the well, recruit some other female friends to run a counteroffensive. I had two female friends and they went to a girl I liked and they (totally honestly and without any prompting from me) told her "I bet you heard some nasty rumors about JonM and I bet the rumors came from so-and-so. They're not true, so-and-so is a lying %*!@, JonM is a sweetheart and you should give him a chance." It worked.

Maybe ask your Ma what she did with the set of C&B's you should have guiding you through this.

Too much drama, I say go out and find girl#3....then#4......then#5....and so on.....

This. If the girls are good friends with each other, no guy stands a chance coming between them. You might be in for a while, but eventually you'll get the boot. Chicks before d..., sisters 4ever, etc.

I haven't read this whole thread, and I'll be disappointed if I'm the first to say this, but...menage a trois?

And, yes, I know I'm a dick.

My thoughts. #1 Girl is into you and she is not admitting it. That's the reason for the cockblock. Since you chose to go after #2, I'm surprised to see #1 is still talking to you. That's just how women are. Sure you can confront her, but that's not a good situation to be in. It will just make things awkward. Sounds like all you can do now is back off. Women love mysterious guys.

Latest posts

Back