You might be a redneck if...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobjenkins79

Reaction score
I had to share this. I left my wife about a month ago. (It's a long story I won't bore y'all with; basically I grew some testicles and left)

Anyway, I went by the house yesterday to pick up some of my things, and noticed that the Christmas lights I put on the roof are still there. On top of that, it looks like the dog actually got ahold of one of the strands and drug them (in pieces) across the yard.

I wonder what the neighbors think? Not that I care, though. I told her I'd come by on Sunday and take the lights down...

I know, reading this was a total waste of your time, but I had to tell somebody.

bob

Just bustin' your chops here, so don't take this too seriously:
"basically I grew some testicles and left" ≠ "I told her I'd come by on Sunday and take the lights down..."

ma2brew said:
Just bustin' your chops here, so don't take this too seriously:
"basically I grew some testicles and left" ≠ "I told her I'd come by on Sunday and take the lights down..."
What does taking down the lights have to do with him leaving? :drunk:

Uhm, he's gone. SHE should now be responsible for the household and she's not. But, I think that he knew this before he left and probably why he left. He is illustrating his decision to us all and we shall support him.

He's also showing what a great guy he is and still taking down the lights, but more for the dog than the wife....I'm reading....

:mug:

Bob,
I hope you understood that I was being sarcastic. I found it kinda funny that you were "outta there", yet you were still going back to do things that I would classify as being on the "honey do" list.

RichBrewer,
If you feel I was out of line I would like to point out that the post opened with a smiley and a Jeff Foxworthy joke opener, so I assume he's feeling somewhat less than devastated at the moment. Do you think I was out of line?

Matt

It's a great feeling when you take them back. It's like, "Hey wait a minute, you F-ing crazy B!TCH! Those are mine. I loaned them to you when you were cool. Hell I even let you play with them anytime you wanted to and sometimes when you didn't. In fact, they said that they actually liked you a lot back then. BUT now, they hate you, I hate you; so the three of us are hittin the road!"

Cheers dude! I'm sure you already know this, but the first day of the rest of your life can be the best you've had in a LONG time:mug:

You guys all crack me up. I'm totally not offended by any of these posts. Taking down the lights just seems like it oughta be my job. Plus, if she fell off the roof I don't know if i could forgive myself.

It really does feel good to have a sack again.

I won't lie, it gets pretty damn depressing at times, but I know this is what needs to happen. The part that really sucks is being completely f-ing broke. That and the whole "failure as a husband" thing.

I left a 3,000 square foot house (she wanted) to sleep in my brother's basement on the floor. The fact of the matter is that I love it. I crash out next to a fireplace and wake up w/ a smile on my face. Actually, I usually wake up around 3:30 because the fire went out and I'm freezing my arse off. Other than that, it's pure bliss. My brother & his wife just had twins, so I'm playing Uncle Bob now in the evenings instead of getting screamed at for cleaning the sink w/ the wrong sponge. Life is good, but I'm probably not going to be able to brew for a while.

I guess sometimes life's a *****. I can't wait to buy a Harley.

Thanks for all the encouragement. :mug:

bob

Back