you know you're a homebrewer when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenCityALER

Reaction score
Your kitchen floor sounds like velcro

you zone out and fall asleep listening to your airlock bubble

You laugh when people think Miller Lite "specialty beers are really good and interesting" !!

HOW ABOUT YOU?!!

when you taste a brew and think to your self i can brew that but better

When you finally purchase enough kegs to get the pipeline going so that you no longer need to buy commercial beer, and now you stay awake at night trying to figure out what you're going to brew first,..then second,...then third,....then....... God, this is killing me!
Beers y'all,
Ken

When every time you turn off your lawn mower your neighbors come running with frosted mugs. Because they know where your going.

You come out of the 'man store' and show your strange new posessions to the family. Instead of confusion they ask, 'How do you use that for beer?'

When any mention of home brewing causes SWMBO to repeatedly role her eyes.

When you have your weight in grain sitting in your basement.

and whats the problrm with that,;)Iam over 6 ft and thanks to pols year buy i ordered enough to brew for the yr and i have well over 300 lbs of grain and it is is close to weight:cross::ban::tank:

"This costs about a 1.00 for an imperial pint? What the hell did I buy that other stuff for"

you know your a homebrewer when...

...you decided to get drunk that nigth and you walk out to the garage and grab a case of your own rather then going to the bar...

...you see sombody opening a can of bud light and you want to kick them in the balls to save them from their bad taste

... you have more refridgerators then you do telivision...

cheers

you bought 4 pounds of hops from Niko on HBT beacuase it saved you a few bucks a pound, then you spent ~$100 on a food saver (but saved with a coupon you saw on HBT) to reseal the hops you bought from Niko.

When you refere to Ester, Phenol, Fusel, and Ethanol as sultry, dirty girl, vixens and get aroused.

When you can openly discuss your yeast infections in public.

When any mention of home brewing causes SWMBO to repeatedly role her eyes.

Bwajhahahahh!
normal_grainbins.jpg

You look at a recipe, and can calculate OG, probable FG and approximate ABV in your head.

You lay awake at night worrying that you might have a CO2 leak.

You scan CL for freezers and fridges over 25 times a day.

You look at a recipe, and can calculate OG, probable FG and approximate ABV in your head.

You lay awake at night worrying that you might have a CO2 leak.

You scan CL for freezers and fridges over 25 times a day.

You have a Firefox smart bookmark to the rss feed as a CL search..

You actually consider raiding the glass recycling bins for recappable bottles, and never worry about what others think!

You actually consider raiding the glass recycling bins for recappable bottles, and never worry about what others think!

You do the above without any consideration whatsoever.

You go to bars for the bottles but not the beer.

Co-workers bring bottles in for you without being asked.

Had five 750ml cab bottles on my desk this morning.:ban:

... when you have over 10# of leaf hops in your freezer.

... when you go out to eat and would rather drink iced tea than BMC.

You're returning bottles.

You see someone with 3 cases of pop tops.

You approach said complete stranger and offer to buy bottles from them rather than them returning.

One of these days my kegs might be all full... right?

When your kitchen has a few stains on the vaulted ceiling from explosive fermenters!!

Oh, and also that your kitchen fridge has to make room for a 5 gallon carboy to cold crash.

You go to a Beer Tasting Event ask all the booths for Thier Returnable bottles they are throwing away, and have to leave and come back with a bigger vehicle to get them all!!!!!!!

(I got so many bottles that day i actually gave some away)

Your dogs cr@p giant piles of granola bars because of all the spent grains you've dumped in the yard.

...You look forward to the bitter cold because it means the basement will be perfect for lagers.

...The only clean dishes in the whole house are beer glasses because it would be criminal to drink a beer straight from the bottle.

From the Basic Brewing Podcast: "When you walk down every isle of the grocery store saying to yourself 'I could ferment that, I could ferment that, I could definitely ferment that...'"

When people overhear your conversations and think you're a pimp or a drug dealer, and that "bottles," is slang for cash.

"You got my bottles? WTF man, I told you you better gimme back my bottles. Where are they, man? Don't hold out on me, you want the good stuff, you better gimme back my bottles!"

When you enjoy the taste of wort, spent grains, almost-beer out of a hydrometer, even yeast... but you still wouldn't drink a Bud Light if your life depended on it.

Back