You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMFAO! There's no brew like a HOMEBREW!

When you fight traffic for an hour just to get to the brew store.

and drive thru this mess to get to the blue star = myLHBS

but, your bonus reward is at the red star = Dogfish Head Alehouse

7corners.jpg

and drive thru this mess to get to the blue star = myLHBS

but, your bonus reward is at the red star = Dogfish Head Alehouse

View attachment 199412

Luckily to get there I come from the southern side below the stars. I only have to wait 4 years for the churchgoers/apartment dwellers to cross the 5 lane road and hold up traffic. Gotta love 7-Corners

I'm coming from the NW along route 7.

so, from LoCo, I'm coming thru Tysons Corner & Falls Church even BEFORE I get to 7 Corners

my other option is the exact same distance down 28, past Dulles, thru Manassas, business and Old Town

since myLHBS expanded, they have better inventory, more variety

I'm coming from the NW along route 7.

so, from LoCo, I'm coming thru Tysons Corner & Falls Church even BEFORE I get to 7 Corners

my other option is the exact same distance down 28, past Dulles, thru Manassas, business and Old Town

since myLHBS expanded, they have better inventory, more variety

Very true. Have you tried the Leesburg HBS yet? I may need to swing by next time I vist my parents.

I have! but so far only to buy caps for bottling day (and some Hardywood Hoplar), but I was in a rush. very nice place & George is awesome.

new HBS is opening this summer even closer, Brew LoCo in Lansdowne (Ashburn). one of the owners is wife of brew club buddy

When you get way....way too excited because you finally got all the parts together and had the time to assemble your plate chiller and pumps. Now I need to get my stand built and start working on the parts for my control panel.... It never ends.

Those Brass hose quick disconnects will make life easier! I need to add a shut off for the hose. I'm also thinking about ordering some 90 elbows to bring the hoses to the back.
image_zps5ab8ec7a.jpg

Built in aeration stone
image_zps569a3e4c.jpg

Added purge valves
image_zpsd0868fde.jpg

Overkill? I know...

If I don't brew for myself I'll probably help my brother brew his first batch in about 5 years. He has a milk stout extract kit and I am hoping I can convince him to go all grain! Either way I get some beer...!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If I don't brew for myself I'll probably help my brother brew his first batch in about 5 years. He has a milk stout extract kit and I am hoping I can convince him to go all grain! Either way I get some beer...!

Some people just need to taste the difference partial mashing makes to move them along.

Home Brewer rookie mistake. Ok so I didn't have a primary fermenter, I just used the 1 gallon jug with the stopper. It's bubbling along nicely and I'm looking to plan the next step when I realize, my fermenter needed to be 2 gallons not 1! Oh well so now what do I do? Do I add water and fill the 1 jug for the second fermentation? Or do I just make whatever I can salvage without sediment? Your thought?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I don't understand your question, but you should post it as a separate thread. I'm sure you can fix it or accept it as is. Sorry if that's not complete. Did you make a two gallon batch? Or do you need head-space? Study and practice are the keys to good beer.
Welcome to the forum and brewing.

When go to pick up your sons stuff from college and this is the dorm next door..
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400198541.373046.jpg
I call it kismet.

Sent from my van, down by the river.

When you get bored after work and start converting a table into a brew stand

OK since that last post wasn't very constructive.... You know you're re a home brewer when dispite all of your f*ck ups on brew day, your beer still tastes better than a lot of commercial ones.

When you're pouring a bomber of Asahi at the local Japanese restaurant, and pause before letting the last half ounce go in your glass because you're used to holding that back to avoid pouring sediment in.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

When throwing clothes in the washer, you think about mashing ratios. You decide your wash could handle a thick mash and you then set the dial to small load instead of medium.

When you dream at night about brewing. Last night was a bad one, I dreamt that I burned a hole in the side of my brewpot, and spilled cider everywhere. Which is really strange because I don't brew cider, and I don't use a flame.

You wanna hear a really weird one? You know how there's so much stuff on youtube about FEMA camps,foreign soldiers being trained in urban warfare to raid our houses,take out guns & put us in camps or worse? I had a dream the night before last that woke me up! I dreamed these soldiers had done just that while I was in my chair upstairs asleep. Running in with machine pistols,killing everyone where they were. I'm upstairs hearing this. From their movements,they shot up my fermenters & everything. Then I hear my gym rat son come up outta the basement,seeing everything & yelling "oh God,NO!". The shots were so vivid I woke up at that point,but not before grabbing my 12 gauge...waiting for the fools to come upstairs...

Your 3 year olds vocabulary includes "I wanna bottle the beer!"

When you're mixing your coffee with cream and sugar and you notice the creamy froth, which reminds you to make a starter to pitch this weekend.

When you think every restaurant should have at least 4 different styles on tap. I mean hell, if I can do have 3-5 batches bottled, surely a restaurant can do it!

Sidenote, wife and I went to our go-to Greek place last night where they had Bud Light and Rolling Rock on tap. I ordered a Bud just for sh!ts and giggles...
The rest of the meal was great though :D

When you pull your slow cooker off the top of the cupboards, and instinctively reach for the starsan spray bottle beside the dishrack. Then pause, look down at what you're doing and say aloud "What the h*** am I doing?"

Sidenote, wife and I went to our go-to Greek place last night where they had Bud Light and Rolling Rock on tap. I ordered a Bud just for sh!ts and giggles...
The rest of the meal was great though :D

That's crazy! When I went to Greece in the 90's, all they served was Heineken and Amstel!

Back