You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you've been waiting to pull the trigger on a thermapen due to cost. But you wake up in a scramble to get your wallet when you get an email that they're having an open box sale.

Nice! Just ordered an orange one myself...Go Cuse! Thanks for letting us know. :mug:

When you're thinking about all that needs done this week, and the only thing to look forward to is your scheduled brew day this coming weekend.

When you pull the dry hops from your secondary, toss them in the trash can and then find yourself strangely amused by how great the trash now smells!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

When you "double check" your FG in the fermenter just to drink it. Sometimes a "triple check" if it's really good :)

When your taking a nap with you daughter waiting for your wife and brew partner to get off work so you can brew and bottle and you have dreams of brewing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

When you actually clean the garage just to get ready to brew a new batch.

ha ha ha.... SWMBO loved it when I was brewing in the garage.... It was always SPOTLESS and the week building up to a brew weekend it got blown out, spider webs down, blown out again and again, then mopped the night before and the morning of. Damn thing was cleaner than the rest of the house.

Cheers
Jay

When your watching a movie and the lead guy throws a keg at the bad guys head. You think"don't abuse the keg like that"

He must have been a badass those are really heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

you have to explain to the wife why she cannot use one of your 5 buckets to mix up cleaners
instead you drive to HD to get her a bucket of her own

While watching Doomsday Preppers you wonder how much brewing supplies you need to prep for after the economic breakdown of the United States monetary system.

You take Tuesday thru Thursday off work this week to build a brew stand, brew beer, and tinker with kegerator and fermentation fridge.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

When you find yourself adding homemade hop juice to bmc beers to make them consumable when your broke

When you find yourself adding homemade hop juice to bmc beers to make them consumable when your broke

If you were a real home brewer, you wouldn't be drinking BMC ;)

For the cost of BMC, you can make some cream of three crops. That reminds me... Mine is ready to keg.

If you were a real home brewer, you wouldn't be drinking BMC ;)

For the cost of BMC, you can make some cream of three crops. That reminds me... Mine is ready to keg.

True, true. I had a killian's left that I thought hmm what if I add some
Hops to this

True, true. I had a killian's left that I thought hmm what if I add some
Hops to this

I'm just messing with ya.. But that's funny. I was at the LHBS a couple weeks ago. A guy came in saying how he couldn't drink anymore due to health. But he really liked beer, so he would do the o'doul's non-alcoholic beers. But he was upset cause they had no taste at all, so he was asking the owner for advice on what he could do. I told him to try hop oil.

You built an awsome shelf system in your garage to store brewing stuff, but the rest of your stuff in garage stays in a big heap in the corner

When your father-in-law prefers to drink the first to batches of beer that you have brewed as opposed to his usual Bud Light Lime. Kills the case that you had brought and then ask you to bring more the next time you come over.

You built an awsome shelf system in your garage to store brewing stuff, but the rest of your stuff in garage stays in a big heap in the corner

I did this yesterday in my closet, don't have a garage yet. And then found that the shelving wasn't big enough to hold all the current supplies, let alone the equipment that I will add when I go AG. :drunk:

When your brother-in-law casually mentions to some friends and family at dinner out while we're trying to figure out which craft beer the restaurant has on tap, that the best beer he's ever tasted came in a bottle. When asked which one it was, he points at you and says; "It was one of his".

When reading these posts and you realize more than half of them apply to you. (specifically the shelves in the garage while everything else is in disarray and the point others make to let others know you are a brewer)

We have all been there...

1392683195276.jpg

Back