You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn guess it's never too early to get the party started. But I guess if you are east coat it's not actually 11:30am lol

I'm actually in San Juan at the moment, so I'm way ahead of you...and there's no homebrew available. :) I've at least been drinking stuff from the local Old Harbor Brewery when available. Heading back to a pile of new snow in Boston tomorrow. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Home Brew mobile app

oh we are not supposed to do that...

Over at my grandma's house, my family kept looking at me funny for drinking a stout out of a wine glass (the first option were kids water cups). Am I not supposed to do that as well? :mug:

I find that stout tastes quite tasty out of a wine style glass.

I'm actually in San Juan at the moment, so I'm way ahead of you...and there's no homebrew available. :) I've at least been drinking stuff from the local Old Harbor Brewery when available. Heading back to a pile of new snow in Boston tomorrow. :(

Good luck with Chicago,the airports are backed up with a new storm on the way...

Thanks. Can't wait to tap the two fresh kegs I prepared before leaving town... hazelnut brown and English pale.

Especially a good RIS, although I prefer a snifter....

Thats the word I was searching for. Snifter. Then again a whine glass is shaped more closely to that of a snifter than a shaker pint is. I say, so long as you pour it in a glass you are a step above the fizzy yellow beer drinkers and actually doing justice to a beautifully crafted beer.

When you go to bottle and realise you've not got enough bottles, so your options are go and beg at the local pub or drink more beer. I guess bottling will have to wait!

When you go to bottle and realise you've not got enough bottles, so your options are go and beg at the local pub or drink more beer. I guess bottling will have to wait!

I recently found my LHBS has a stack of 6-8 cases of bottles by the front door at all times that are freebies

I have the opposite problem...

image.jpg

I keg, so I am selling 100 flip top bottles to a guy off here (he's coming a few hours one way for them) I'll still have about 80 flip tops left. Then there's the 160+ 22oz bottles I have boxed up...

Then I have another guy picking up those sankey kegs in a few minutes.

I just bought a brand new never used march 815 pump from a guy off here yesterday. I got it for $120, so I needed to sell some more things to pay for it. I got a guy dropping off two sp10 burners to my parents up in snohomish wa for $25/ea

Now I just need to put all the pieces together and get my brew stand built. :ban:

When you realize you bought two oz of hops instead of three and after a mild mental breakdown you decide yhe last time you made this recipe it was to hoppy anyway

When you realize you bought two oz of hops instead of three and after a mild mental breakdown you decide yhe last time you made this recipe it was to hoppy anyway

Man... I did this two weeks ago. Bought half the hops for a double batch of nut brown. I didn't realize my mistake until after I was done and pitched the yeast.

Thank god I shoot for a higher efficiency. I calculated how much water I could add to get me to my target gravity. So I boiled 3 gallons of water for 60 minutes. I added the other hard of the hops as if it were the boil. I cooled and added it to my fermenters. Thank god they were 8 gallon fermenters.

It worked fine... I'm not expecting an award, but it's very drinkable. And I'll never make that mistake again.

When you read half of this article and wonder why they don't mention a brew stand once. http://queencitydrinks.com/beer/3-tier-system-conclusions/

Would that be like a lemonade stand? Because obviously that would be not allowed in the 3-teir system... unless you produce the beer in your garage, sold it to you eldest offspring (the strongest to carry all the beer effecienctly) to transport to the stand out front of your house, who would then sell it to your youngest offspring (the cutest to pull the adorable card to increase sales) at the stand to be sold to the public.

"I wounder how much it would be to check that keg there throwing away at the airport bar"

I hope not also, otherwise his property values are dropping like a rock! That house sold in 1991 for over $3M and in 2003 they could only get $425,500! That sucks....

Homebrewtalk just turned a little creepy.... In the stalker kinda way :eek:

...when you stop thinking of winter as "cold dark wet snow shoveling season" and think of it as "crisp clear lager brewing season".

Wish my sink was a single bowl/basin...

Heck, my wife won't let me change out the sink faucet, because the stylish one we have on it wont take a bottle cleaner or wort chiller adapter. I actually find the two sink method doable in winter. While one side chills, I fill up the other sink with cold and ice, and when the water gets too warm, I swap sinks. Beats having to drain and refill a single sink. Would like to have a basement sink installed, but plumbers aren't cheap tho.

zardozap said:
Heck, my wife won't let me change out the sink faucet, because the stylish one we have on it wont take a bottle cleaner or wort chiller adapter. I actually find the two sink method doable in winter. While one side chills, I fill up the other sink with cold and ice, and when the water gets too warm, I swap sinks. Beats having to drain and refill a single sink. Would like to have a basement sink installed, but plumbers aren't cheap tho.
Where do you live, maybe some bartering is in order?

I was watching a local PBS food show last night and they profiled some local artisan jam makers. The guy was steeping a large amount of loose tea to use in the jam and, when the tea was ready, he ladeled the tea and leaves out of one pot and poured it through a strainer so the leaves stayed in the strainer and tea dripped into another pot.

I kept thinking, "Man, a mash tun with a false bottom would be a great way to do the same thing!"

when I'm not brewing I'm thinking about brewing.

or reading about brewing. or posting about brewing. or thinking about reading or posting about brewing, or listening to podcasts or watching videos about brewing

but I am NOT obsessed with brewing

Back