You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would but a more practical vehicle is needed first! (Need to go back to a truck, i thought the gas mileage from a smaller car would be great but I miss the truck for the fact of "go anywhere")

rockbasementbeer said:
I would but a more practical vehicle is needed first! (Need to go back to a truck, i thought the gas mileage from a smaller car would be great but I miss the truck for the fact of "go anywhere")

You buy that thing and ill pull it with my truck

You're in the bathroom taking a leak. You grab some toilet paper, blow your nose, and throw it in the toilet. And no matter how much you saturate it, it won't sink.

Then you realize, mucus must have a specific gravity lower than 1.000.

You see TSA testing liquid bottles with their fancy machine to check for explosives and wonder how smart it really is. That then leads you to the possibilities of reprogramming the machine to break apart the ingredients of a beer.

When your girlfriend starts drinkin your peach cider experiment straight out of the gallon jug

You know you're a homebrewer when your wife says "Good luck with the mold farm in there."

(Woman, I'm culturing wild yeast. You should appreciate how awesome I am for doing that.)

When you consider using your stir plate to circulate ice cream base so it cools faster.

I would have actually done that, but I couldn't figure out how to plug it in in the freezer. The temp difference from the freezer is going to chill it for turning faster then the circulation from the stir plate.

You know you're a homebrewer when your wife says "Good luck with the mold farm in there."

(Woman, I'm culturing wild yeast. You should appreciate how awesome I am for doing that.)

your reply, "well, actually, it's a ranch, and I'm wrangling wild yeast. You should appreciate how awesome I am for doing that."

When you still look forward to tasting your FG samples. I did that yesterday with my Cougar Country IPA & was Very surprised at how good it is already.

When you consider using your stir plate to circulate ice cream base so it cools faster.

I would have actually done that, but I couldn't figure out how to plug it in in the freezer. The temp difference from the freezer is going to chill it for turning faster then the circulation from the stir plate.

This would require a very strong magnet to go through the bucket and would be ineffective after thickening. I have thought of this as well. I use an extension cord to get my power cube outside the door of my fridge when making starters.

This would require a very strong magnet to go through the bucket and would be ineffective after thickening. I have thought of this as well. I use an extension cord to get my power cube outside the door of my fridge when making starters.
I was about to ask why you needed to put your starter in the fridge, but then I realized you're in Florida.

With a 1" stir bar my stir plate can pull 3" of vortex in a 1 gallon starter. Though you're right. It would have failed once the liquid started to thicken.

I was about to ask why you needed to put your starter in the fridge, but then I realized you're in Florida.

With a 1" stir bar my stir plate can pull 3" of vortex in a 1 gallon starter. Though you're right. It would have failed once the liquid started to thicken.

when you think about what kind of yeast population density it would take to stop your stir bar

When your curiosity peeks about the limitless options of flavors and styles and everything is inspiration.

When you see these at work

ForumRunner_20131003_213445.jpg

And wonder if you could use that as a fermenter

When during work all day you make your stir plate and your boss helps you (I run cnc's so I would put the job in press the button and then work on the stir plate) best day ever. Oh and the parts I was running is what the stir plates sitting on lol

image-1065235018.jpg

image-1013177788.jpg

image-47081785.jpg

Back