You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I support my LHBS with the purchase of specialty grains but buy everything else in bulk or online. I usually choose my vendor by the selection and price, so if one has everything but is a bit more expensive I'll still bite. Shipping can be a huge factor too!

back on topic...

When wifey gives the toddler on daddy's birthday a shirt that says "Homebrewed"

Where can you get one of these!?

When you wake up in the middle of the night because you have been dreaming of all the different types of hops that you can use for your next brew.

postalroger said:
When you have 2-3 cases of commercial beers but prefer your homebrew to them.

And you can't stop saying (when you're drinking your own homebrew) this is the best frigging beer I've ever had!

TangoHotel said:
You got robbed? Was the beer okay?

Yeah. I know who did it. All he did was steal my laptop and about 100 bucks. I'm really Only mad about losing pictures of my sons birth. God and the police will sort him out because I can't risk "dealing with it myself"

...when you have the first nine digits of your ups tracking numbers memorized because you do so many trades... or you can tell what is coming from whom and where just by the numbers...

seeing this every morning makes you wish it were true every morning

IMG_8540.jpg

When you spend 4 hours moving a couple used fridges from house to house, just so you can put the oldest reject fridge into you're basement, where you already have another fridge.

When you get irritated with your non-brewing friends because they don't rinse out your empties, no matter how many times you've asked nicely. What am I, their mother?!

When SWMBO uses the 'you can spend 5 hours doing _______ for your beer, but you can't was out the wok/take out the garbage/fold some laundry/(add additional extraneous jobs here )'

That really grinds my gears. Especially when it's HER hefe, and I don't drink wheat beers...

Yeah I called SWMBO on that one one time. She got mad at me for spending to much time on the beer and then hours later asked me to make my black cherry ale (her favorite) again some time soon.

grasshopperfirestarter said:
I just opened my fermentation chamber to smell inside and my 2 1/2 year old daughter asked, Daddy are you making beer?!

My four year old Son asked me once, Dad, when I get older, can I make beer also? My response, of course you can, we'll do it together.

grasshopperfirestarter said:
I just opened my fermentation chamber to smell inside and my 2 1/2 year old daughter asked, Daddy are you making beer?!

I've had this same thing with my 2 1/2 year old son.

My 4 year old proudly tells anyone who will listen, that dad does not drink beer, he only drinks homebrew!

My 4 year old proudly tells anyone who will listen, that dad does not drink beer, he only drinks homebrew!

That's funny. Last year at parent/teacher conferences my daughter's teacher told me when asked what thier parents hobbies were, she said "my dad likes drinking beer and eating pizza". I was proud and embarrassed at the same time. I had to explain that my hobby goes much deeper than just drinking beer...:) We all had a good laugh.

A while back I posted that while I was brewing the Google Earth car came by to photo our neighborhood (which is fairly new). My first thought was "You know you're a homebrewer when the Google maps street view of your house shows you in the garage brewing." I figured it would take a while to post, so I didn't check for a while. Today I looked and there I was standing in the garage. So I am now officially immortalized as a homebrewer. You can't see what I'm doing, but only see me standing there in the door way, but I know what I was doing and that is all that matters.

cluckk said:
A while back I posted that while I was brewing the Google Earth car came by to photo our neighborhood (which is fairly new). My first thought was "You know you're a homebrewer when the Google maps street view of your house shows you in the garage brewing." I figured it would take a while to post, so I didn't check for a while. Today I looked and there I was standing in the garage. So I am now officially immortalized as a homebrewer. You can't see what I'm doing, but only see me standing there in the door way, but I know what I was doing and that is all that matters.

That's freakin awesome!!

cluckk said:

That's awesome. Too bad you weren't brewing in your driveway.

That's awesome!

Next time, do this!
http://www.kastawayswimwear.com/Blo...ers-chase-down-google-earth-van/googlescuba2/

Funny, I googled "Guy in garage doorway brewing beer" and your address didn't pop up. I guess that even though they have Google Earth updated they haven't updated their search engine.

Look out for when they get that specific.

ChuckO said:
Funny, I googled "Guy in garage doorway brewing beer" and your address didn't pop up. I guess that even though they have Google Earth updated they haven't updated their search engine.

Look out for when they get that specific.

That's gubment level google that'll do that

cluckk said:

Love it! And am so jealous 😃

You go to a baseball game and though a beer sounds nice you decide against an $8 BMC Lite. You get home and have one of your just fully carbed Citra pale ales and know you did the right thing.

Back