Yet another new hobby.......soap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one has responded to my reply regarding using hop extract/oil. As I don't know anything about soap making I'm legitimately curious if this is a viable option.

Not only viable, but there is one hops grower who makes it, and there is at least one lady online who makes it at home. Just google hop soap...

Good to know. But google isn't getting me anything. Closest thing was someone selling "Beer Hop Soap". No actual hops used except for what's in the beer she uses.

yooper, i'll keep trying but i'm having issues connecting my camera to my computer. anyway, the box is 8 x 10.25 in (10 would be fine) and the sides are about 3 in tall (it never fills it all the way up). also, here is a site where the manufacturer lists the size of their molds and they look pretty easy to recreate (gotta scroll down a bit to the actual molds):

http://www.soap-making-resource.com/wooden-soap-molds.html

i've been wanting to make one of these as you could just use a bench scraper or something around the house to cut bars with and that slot would get you nice, even bars.

Back