Yet Another Buckeye Hydro ++

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEndorf

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I talked with Russ and discussed various setup options. Got the perfect setup for me. Installation took about 20-30 minutes with a sharkbite tee valve. Reasonable price. Can't believe I waited this long to get an RO system.
No more jug-lugging!

IMG_1183.JPG

My post was abbreviated.....
I should clarify.
If you've got a bad case of "tap-crap" (your tap water is unacceptable for brewing)….
For years I've lugged 5 gallon jugs from the store.
My trusty TDS meter showed the viability of the store water was all over the place. In some cases presumably due to high demand and lack of membrane servicing, TDS at the store was little different from what was spewing from my tap.
Buckeye Hydro is a sponsor of HBT. For a reasonable price, and a very simple install, I now have actual RO water with TDS of about 4, flowing into my HLT.
If you're in my boat, it's worth a call and a discussion..... (513) 312-2343

I'll give a 3rd vote to that. Russ talked me through what size system to get for my needs and it works perfectly. Not as nice as the setup above, but I have mine mounted on the wall behind my HLT. I put a small hole through the wall behind the HLT and routed the output tube into the HLT to collect my water. I'm getting about the same, TDS rating of 4.

20190216_153653.jpg
20190216_151753.jpg

Back