Yes, son. All beer looks like that before it's beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCal-Doug

Reaction score
So I've got a split batch of Wit fermenting in the garage since the beer fridge is full (love it when the weather cooperates). One of them is cultured dregs from Allagash White. The other is WLP400. Day four with full krausen. My son is yelling from the back door...

Son: "Hey dad, what the heck did you put in the garage trash can?"

Dad: "Nothing, why?"

Son: "It reeks out here! Did you feed the dog hard boiled eggs?"

Dad: "No. You might be smelling my beer. Look at the giant glass bottles on my workbench. Smell the bubbly thing on the top of them"

Son: "I'm gonna hurl! Your beer died. Those bottles look like dog puke and smell like godzilla tossed an air biscuit"

Dad: "Perfect! Should be yummy in a week or two"

I'm guessin that the low 70's my garage is holding, might be causing the yeast to throw a wee bit of sulfur along with it's naturally pungent aromas :)

Youth is wasted on the young... just bring them to a hot dog plant for perspective to show him how the final product may improve :D

My son always complains about the smell of the wort when boiling and I always reply, "That's the sweet smell of success!"

Latest posts

Back