Yep, another jet burner problem thread :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizardofza

Reaction score
I decided to start another thread regarding jet burner problems.

I have the low pressure propane 21 tip jet burners from MoreBeer. I have them connected to a brutus gas beam. My original problem was when I had my propane connected via a low pressure regulator, (mostly) everything worked great. All three pilots had a nice low flame, but once more than one burner fired up, they would blow orange flame and barely stay lit.

It seems that the gas in the beam depletes way too fast to keep all three lit at the same time and the tank can't keep up.

I found this thread : clicky and tried out that adjustable regulator that mrbowenz recommended (adjustable regulator).

Needless to say that didn't work for me. With that connected it's blowing propane way too hard to keep the pilots lit on my jet burners. I can't dial it down enough to where they stay lit w/o the flame of the pilot being out of control.

I know guys have these burners working on their brutus setups, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any other tips or suggestions that I can try?

Back