Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarcha

Reaction score
Hi All

Great forum, I have a question, I just made a golden ale, per instrutions I had to proof my yeast, so I added my yeast to a luke warm cup of water, covered it with foil and waited per instrutions. not all of my yeast dissolved, but most did, some of the yeast got stuck to the side of the glass, and the yeast was active, so I had to swril the glass inorder to desolve the yeast, to add to the wort, my worry is the yeast being swriled. Can that effect the yeast. Thanks for any info :mug:

Swirling the yeast around will not harm them at all. As long as you did not expose them to extreme conditions such as high temperatures they are likely doing just fine.

Many people use stir plates when making starters, this helps to increase the number of yeast cell's created, which swirl the year for long periods of time with no damage done

Swirling is a pretty common thing. I also sometimes will sanitize a spoon, and use that to mix things up a bit and then pitch.

Back