Yeast stuck to the top of my bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firestem4

Reaction score
My steam beer has been having trouble carbonating. I've opened 4 bottles over the last 4-5 weeks and they were completely flat. I know I added the right amount of sugar so I was confused when after the first to second week there was a significant amount of fallen yeast on the bottom.

I rolled my bottles end over end to get the yeast back in to suspension and I left them upside down like that overnight and flipped them back over to the bottom in the morning. Well, I think they've done some more carbonation since then, but I noticed a lot of the yeast has stuck themselves to the top of the bottle..Is there any way to get back to the bottom? I've been trying to shake them...but that isn't too wise I think.

Any suggestions?

What is the temperature that you are keeping the bottles at? 70 degrees F? I would assume that you could just try to swirl them instead of shake them and it would work.

They seem pretty persistent. I have tried swirling it a little but nothing changed. I could try for longer..see if it just takes determination.

Back