Yeast nutrient

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings, @pitchforkpaul1, and welcome to this den of iniquity known as HBT! :mug:

Some details on your brew could help folks here help you out of whatever predicament ails your beer.
If it's "final gravity challenged" there are ways to get through that...

Cheers!

During? …. Fermentation?
Your yeast has sailed. Too late.
Hahaha! Yes I think it really has yakked! From MO!
This is a 5g batch I brewed in a condo in Lost Valley Lake north of Rosebud, MO! I just pitched the yeast (Safale US-05) on the wort & didn't prepare it!! I brewed a Dead Ringer IPA using Mallard Malts specialty grain & Mallard Malts LME with 2oz of Centenial Hoptimus Rex for the 60M & no other hops during the boil! This was a week from last Friday so it's almost at 2 weeks!
I had just brewed another 5g batch 2 days earlier & it is still bubbling away!
I used Nottingham Ale yeast & lots of Warrior, Centenial, & Williamette in the boil! Again I just pitched the yeast on the cooled wort! I did dry hop with Cascade after moving to a secondary (carboy)! Both batches were about 2-1/2 gal with cold water added after boil! Both are in Carboys with stoppers & airlocks!
I did not take any gravity readings! Just don't like to handle the beer if possible! The Dead Ringer had a huge amount of LME! 1 Large bottle (32oz?) & 1 16oz bottle!
Thank you for all your responses! I am just going to put the carboy in the garage & bottle/ keg in about a week! I just got a few new toys in the mail (ss wort chiller, large strainer, Hop Spider, Yeast Nutrient)!

You don't need no stinking nutrient.
Damn I just bought some! Hoping to carry over a batch of yeast to the next batch of beer! I also got 4 cans of wort to do a starter yeast! Don't have a stirrer just yet!
Thank you for your reply!

Greetings, @pitchforkpaul1, and welcome to this den of iniquity known as HBT! :mug:

Some details on your brew could help folks here help you out of whatever predicament ails your beer.
If it's "final gravity challenged" there are ways to get through that...

Cheers!
I was just worried that it seemed like it quit a little sooner than I had expected! I will take a final gravity when I get ready to bottle it! Thank you for your response!
Cheers,
Paul

Your fine as long as you got some 02 in there US-05 is a beast

The airlock bubbling should not be your indicator FYI

I use yeast nutrient in my boil however at this stage in the game you can use yeast energizer if you really felt it necessary

I only add yeast nutrient to my yeast starters, but even then, I'm not so sure I need to. Smack packs come with nutrient to get the yeast going, and once the yeast is active, it targets the sugar in the starter or my wort. I do it because it was what I read when I started researching making starters, and it's cheap...

Back