yeast not dropping 3 weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjotmo

Reaction score
I did an AHS blue moon clone 3 weeks ago and I figured it would be good to keg but when I opened the bucket there was still a bunch of yeast on the top like you would see in the first week. The temp has been around 65 +/- 3'. The gravity is 1.020 still so I'm going to let it go but it suprised me. Hate to post another WTH noob post.

Well its a wheat style so the yeast will be suspended in it, or are you talking on the surface?

Did you use WLP400 ? its gonna stick around...poke thru it when its ready lol

Yes it is wlp400. I guess i'll check it again in a week. I moved it to a warmer area around 69'. My first beer was clear on top but it also was a dry yeast packet.

update. Checked it again yesterday and looks great (and tastes great though flat). It hit fg of 1.012 so its in the keg carbing now. Time to brew again.

Yeah I have a AHS cream ale I'm starting tonight. There kits seem to be really nice compared to the bb kit I did first.

Latest posts

Back