Yakima Valley Tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBA

Reaction score
Hi All, anyone have suggestions for a tour of the Yakima Valley area? Heading to Seattle and can extend my trip a few days. Any recommendations, links, etc would be appreciated. How many days should I plan on? Thanks!

Breweries, wineries, or ??? are your interests (or opposite) and when-ish? Rainier and Bing cherries are about a month out, there's several great breweries and wineries from Pasco up to Ellensburg, and if you deiced to opt for a longer drive, heading west in Yakima and taking WA12 up the Tieton River and over White Pass is far more majestic than the run over Snoqualmie on I-90

I'm lost in the agricultural area somewhere between Yakima and Prosser

Sorry, interested in seeing breweries and the hop fields. Taking some tours of fields, possibly a bus tour to breweries.

Based on the beers I've had from the Yakima area breweries I would recommend Bale Breaker and Single Hill. I'm in Portland, though, so a little bit removed from Yakima.

Here's my favorites in the area

Varietal in Sunnyside, WA is definitely a worthy stop - Home - Varietal Beer Co.

Wandering Hop in Zillah, WA. There's food prepared onsite - Google Maps

Hoptown is a great stop for wood fire pizza and local brews - Restaurant

The Tap is a self-pour taphouse with 50 taps of mostly local brews - The Tap

Tieton Cider in case you're into cider - Home · Tieton Cider Works · From our orchard, to your glass.

Bale Breaker - Home - Bale Breaker

Single Hill - Downtown Yakima's Brewery - Single Hill Brewing

Cowiche Creek is west of Yakima - Cowiche Creek Brewing Company

Bron Yr Aur is out by Naches, and has consistently great reviews. on my list to get there someday soon - Bron Yr Aur Brewing Co

And some of my favs from a bit further away

Iron Horse is in Ellensburg - Cowiche Creek Brewing Company

Horse Haven is in Prosser - Home | Horse Heaven Saloon

Bombing Range is in Pasco - Home - Bombing Range Brewing Company

Little Hopper is a beer tour bus in the Yakima area - Yakima Valley Beer Tours and Yakima Valley Wine Tours - The Little Hopper

Attractions:

Hops Museum in Toppenish WA (article on this museum)

Last edited:

Rodent. What a great list. I'm in Kitsap co. and will definitely enjoy visiting a few of these and the wineries in the region this summer. Thanks for putting it together.​

Thanks Rodent. I saw the Little Hopper online so it is good to see you put it on your recommendation list.

@suzeQ - drop me a PM if you want to chat local wineries. there are several outstanding ones here in the Valley, and also several that 'still have some homework and hands-on practice to do' to get themselves up to par with what this area has the potential to be produced.

@TBA - you're more than welcome! LMK if you have available time when you're passing thru. I may be consumed at work, but if not it's always great to meet fellow brewing enthusiasts of all skill levels and chart the fun that's turning gran/water/hops into a tasty beverage

Thanks all, keep the links coming! I just hope I haven’t jinxed myself by asking too soon… trip might not happen. My mind started racing when there was mention of going to Washington.

Back