Y Splitter Connection Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dipflop

Reaction score
I'm trying to attach a Y splitter to my tank so I can use my recently purchased beer gun but I'm having a hard time getting the shutoff valve off of the regulator (the shutoff valve was installed to the regulator when I bought it). Is there a secret to getting it off or is it possible that it is permanently installed to it.
Cheers.

I'm trying to attach a Y splitter to my tank so I can use my recently purchased beer gun but I'm having a hard time getting the shutoff valve off of the regulator (the shutoff valve was installed to the regulator when I bought it). Is there a secret to getting it off or is it possible that it is permanently installed to it.
Cheers.

If it's just old and stuck, you could try some liquid wrench or other penetrating oil.

If it has some kind of hard-cured "permanent" thread sealant, a propane torch may do the trick...you don't want to overdo it though. Just gently heat the joint, and try again.

You need 2 things to get by in life WD40 and Duct Tape.

If it don't move and it's suppose to WD40. If it does move and it's not suppose to Duct tape.:D

Back