• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Xpressfill XF2500 Counter pressure bottle filler - 2 Spout (For Glass Bottles)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See pics below

Attachments

• IMG_3505.jpg
    IMG_3505.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3503.jpg
    IMG_3503.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3320.jpg
    IMG_3320.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2860.jpg
    IMG_2860.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
It's a good machine, but expensive. It's also quite slow at my carbonation level. Now, to overcome the slow rate of fill you need more heads and syncopate the start of each bottle, however, the machine tends to balance itself, so bottles started at different times will end at the same time.

Right now it takes 60 mins to bottle 48 12 oz bottles at about 3.0-3.5 volumes. I'm bottling kombucha and soda, and those drinks are high carbonation styles.

There is a lower level of carbonation that I have run the machine at where it almost too fast. That's at about 2.5 volumes.

Customer service is good on the machine. A human answers the phone. Jeff is my technical point of contact and he knows the machine inside and out. Some parts have been shipped to me free of charge by xpressfill, and some parts I've been charged for.

I wish the machine had a better cleaning routine that would be easier and waste less consumables.

If I were running a brewery, i'd keep the machine around even if I bought the next level machine, like a semiautomatic 4 head filler. It would be a good backup, a machine to bottle short runs, or as a machine to run experiments on.

In all, at my hobby level, the machine fills all the boxes on the checklist, but if you were to run a business with it... it would be too slow.

Last edited:
Back