WTF is a honey boo boo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't follow every episode but I happened to catch the South Park episode last night on Honey Boo Boo and cracked up when seeing this post. I've seen the documentary on how these guys put together episodes in one week and it's pretty amazing they always seem tp pull it off. My wife explained the ketchup and butter sketti along with duece up. She doesn't watch it but knows a little more than I do about the show. Here is the episode...
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/792x6x/honey-boo-boo-vs-fatty-doo-doo

It looks like they only show the ending.

My wife and I got rid of television like 5 or 6 years ago. It has been one of the greatest decisions we ever made. We have more time in our day, do more productive hobbies (like make booze!), and do not really miss television one bit. The only drawback is that occasionally when I hear a lot of "news" about something television related, I have no idea what its all about and have to ask things like...

"WTF is a honey boo boo?"

I haven't seen the show, but the clips I have seen remind me of the people interviewed on national news when the trailer park gets hit by a tornado.

Out of curiosity, what channels are they plugging this show on? I really don't think I've ever even seen an ad for it before stumbling on this thread. I think I prefer not paying attention to the fact that people like this "family" exist in real life.

Out of curiosity, what channels are they plugging this show on? I really don't think I've ever even seen an ad for it before stumbling on this thread. I think I prefer not paying attention to the fact that people like this "family" exist in real life.

I've not seen an ad for it either and it if weren't for a couple of co-workers I would be blissfully unaware that such an abomination existed on TV.

That's why the movie "The Running Man" was ahead of its time. :mug:
You do realize this was book first, right? :D

You were doing good till the end there chief.
It's gonna be awesome!

It's on TLC I think. You know, The Learning Channel?!?!?!?! :confused:

You do realize this was book first, right? :D

Thanks for grabbin' that one for me. The movie sucked.

It's on TLC I think. You know, The Learning Channel?!?!?!?! :confused:

That's one of the reasons I'm scared. :D
I never watch TLC, but I've never even seen an ad for this thing. I watch TV, sports mostly, news, some history/discovery cr@p. You'd think you'd at least see an ad on H2 or DC. Maybe I should stop tuning out or fast forwarding through commercials.

Let me just tell you, I would watch Honey Boo Boo marathons if I had to watch either that or one of their other fine programs... you know... one of the "I HAVE A ZILLION FRIGGING KIDS!!!!" shows.

I was flipping channels a few days ago and landed on Honey Boo Boo. Quickly changed the channel but not before being exposed to Momma's "neck cheese." Ugh...

I do love me some Duck Dynasty though... Uncle Sy and grandfather are hilarious! And the woman are out of their league... maybe the homebrew too?

TLC basically has become the traveling freak shows of the late 1800's early 1900's, just now on TV.

My girlfriend will not change the channel when this show comes on because I protest it so vehemently. She also will nit allow me control of the remote because I will channel surf...that was until we started watching Netflix and Hulu Plus on my Xbox. I might be a hick, but I'm nowhere near as bad as that show...

Never had enough alcohol in me to watch that show.
Saw a trailer for it, and that was enough.

Sad to say that those goobers live in the same state as I.

What's really sad, is that there actually seems to be people watching this show, regularly. Since learning of this public display of American inbreeding, I've asked around a bit. Sounds like the typical "reality" TV crowd seems to be pretty on board with this show, and apparently there are others that are pretty much the same show. And people watch those too. I don't care where ya live, north, south, east, west, I think the fact that there's members of our society that regularly watch these shows speaks volumes about the direction our society is heading.

What's really sad, is that there actually seems to be people watching this show, regularly. Since learning of this public display of American inbreeding, I've asked around a bit. Sounds like the typical "reality" TV crowd seems to be pretty on board with this show, and apparently there are others that are pretty much the same show. And people watch those too. I don't care where ya live, north, south, east, west, I think the fact that there's members of our society that regularly watch these shows speaks volumes about the direction our society is heading.

I told you man! I don't watch tv so if I hear enough about something to need to bring it up... it must be uuuuuge.

I told you man! I don't watch tv so if I hear enough about something to need to bring it up... it must be uuuuuge.

Yeh, apparently this one is..... and I'm not just talking about the mom either. People watch this, and talk about it, and look forward to the next episode. Like I said yesterday, I'm scared.

This is the best argument against natural selection I've ever seen. I almost feel sad for the family that they can't pool their combined 5 braincells to figure out they are a spectacle rather than a sensation.

at 40k an episode + whatever the other family members are making, I think the Dad would wear a tutu and compete if needbe...

at 40k an episode + whatever the other family members are making, I think the Dad would wear a tutu and compete if needbe...

That's the sad truth. They may look dumb as hell, but they are getting paid a damn sight more than most people for being dumb as hell on TV...

We live in a society that rewards the village idiots...

3cd8a33a.png

My girlfriend will not change the channel when this show comes on because I protest it so vehemently. She also will nit allow me control of the remote because I will channel surf...that was until we started watching Netflix and Hulu Plus on my Xbox. I might be a hick, but I'm nowhere near as bad as that show...

Strengthen your backhand.

Jesus what is it with this show.. My wife is a fairly cultured woman. Her pastimes are oil painting, sewing, piano, and ethnic cooking. I showed her this thread, and the first thing out of her mouth was "I'd watch an episode". *facepalm* seriously??

I don't watch the show, I've never seen the show and I never want to see the show. I'm sitting here typing and I literally can't come up with adequate words to express my rage when I see such rewarding of idiocy. But the idiots are going to continue eating up every morsel of new programming the media feeds them and as long as that's happening, this kind of crap will continue to be produced. Same thing goes for most pop music.

OMG I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing a pic of that family. Hey I have a idea on the last episode they could have Honey boo boo vs Honey badger. Of course peta would probably put a stop to that.

Back