• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB OR BORROW(?) 7.75gal Sankes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdimag

Reaction score
UPDATE 2/28: Just need one 7.75 (1/4 barrel) sanke keg ("pony" style)

trying to get a head start this year...

last year i had 2 pony kegs, one of bud light (because it was easy, not wanted), and another EMPTY bud light keg that I transfered 1.5 sixtels of Dogfish Head 60min into.

This year, now that i'm brewing my own, i'd like to bring some, replacing, or in addition to, the others (weekend long show, ran out of beer Saturday evening :drunk:).

between 14 and ~17 inches of clearance depending on where the kegs sit, so really limited in options. 3 gallon cornies would probably work.

DSC_2115.jpg

Sankes only come in 5.16 and 15.5

Not around here...We have 1/4 tall sanke at 7.75 gal., same height as a 1/2, but 11 1/4" dia. Not sure if we still have the short 1/4's, haven't seen one in a while?

Put a lift kit on that ride and drop the trunk floor pan to fit two 1/2's.:mug:

BUMP... looks like I'll be needed at least 2... also could use some 3gal corny kegs.

let me take this space to ask a question... if I bought some 3gal corny's, what could I get for them after 1 use? I was thinking get 2, maybe keep 1.

I wouldn't want them for my normal everyday brewing, being that they're <1 batch... but it's the only corny that would fit in the trunk, and with 2 pony kegs.

BUMP... looks like I'll be needed at least 2... also could use some 3gal corny kegs.

let me take this space to ask a question... if I bought some 3gal corny's, what could I get for them after 1 use? I was thinking get 2, maybe keep 1.

I wouldn't want them for my normal everyday brewing, being that they're <1 batch... but it's the only corny that would fit in the truck, and with 2 pony kegs.

3 gallon cornies are usually around $100-$120 new and $65-$85 used. I'm guessing if you throw them on Classifieds here, you sell them in a minute and recoup most, if not all, of your costs

bump; have one, still need one more 1/4bbl sanke

I'll be doing that with the corny -- i've been watching the ones I find on eBay and it looks promising.

Latest posts

Back