• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Corny Kegs - Central Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrathsU

Reaction score
Hi,

after searching through craigslist for a month or two and not being able to find/purchase any corny kegs I thought I'll just post here. I'd prefer to buy them from someone local so I don't have to pay shipping but if someone out there wants to help a fellow out and get rid of them cheap enough I'll pay for shipping too. Not really sure what the going rate is, so just post how much you want for them please.

Thanks erroneous! I sent him a message and offered to buy a decent amount if he'd give me a price break. I assume I'd have to convert these to ball lock right?

Thanks erroneous! I sent him a message and offered to buy a decent amount if he'd give me a price break. I assume I'd have to convert these to ball lock right?

Just buy pin lock connectors, no need to convert anything

+1. I haven't done any kegging myself, but from what I gather ball locks are popular, mainly due to being popular. They both have advantages and disadvantages that aren't super important and ball locks are getting more and more expensive.

I had both pin and ball and really had no preference but I traded my pin locks for ball locks because it was pain to have different connect, so that's my advise pick a style and stick with it.

+1. I haven't done any kegging myself, but from what I gather ball locks are popular, mainly due to being popular. They both have advantages and disadvantages that aren't super important and ball locks are getting more and more expensive.

I'd say the biggest factor for me is size. I converted a mini-fridge to a kegerator and two ball locks will fit in it but only one pin lock. If you had a keezer and didn't want a big collar, then I could see the pin locks being more popular because they're shorter. Otherwise, I agree that there's very little difference.

Hey WrathsU I'm curious as to whether or not you ever bought those kegs. I'm in the market for getting some and that guy still has some.

Hey Erroneous, yeah I ended up getting around 15 which turned out to be too many. I've had some problems with them which I've needed to fix (bending the lid lips up and replacing some of the valves). I've got 5 left that I haven't touched and presumably still need some work but if you want them their yours for 20$ each.

Back