Wow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonhijack

Reaction score
Nothing like going to the keezer for one last pint at the end of the day to find that your picnic tap somehow got popped into the open (like full open) position and pumped the best keg of IPA you have ever brewed into the bottom of your keezer.:eek:

I am not going to lie to you guys. I immediately siphoned (using my autosiphon as a pump) the beer out of the keezer and into a brew bucket, then poured that through a strainer back into the now empty keg. Seems ok, but I am pretty pissed! I may have saved most of it. I am really glad that I cleaned the keezer well before I started using it. Going to have to be really careful from now on:cross:

Sorry to hear that, small mistakes can be heart breaking.

But drink it fast, it's not going to keep well.

I'm sorry for your loss. I brought a picnic tap setup over to my sister's place this weekend and I don't know how many times I bumped, dropped or accidently pressed that sensitive picnic tap and spilled beer all over my pants, shirt sleeve, refrigerator shelves and the floor. I don't know if it's just mine but that thing is overly sensitive.

I feel for ya man. I bought a picnic tap and kegged for the first time, a batch for New Years Eve. I put it in the fridge to carb overnight, put the tap on it the following day and tried my first pull. It was amazing, I was so happy, filled a growler and went to watch football. After the game I came home and there was beer all over the floor. Assuming it was a sensitive tap and knowing no better, I took it off and cleaned up. There was no more issue.

A day later I took it to the New Years Eve party and put the tap back on, all went well until an hour later when I realized there was beer in the tote holding the keg. We noticed it was leaking from where the tap connected to the pin. Being it was brand new, it has been suggested that the orings may just need to be greased. Hoping it is an easy fix.

Latest posts

Back