wow i haate my life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zkid05

Reaction score
so i started brewing beer every Saturday for the past few weeks. i started wit the cooper kits..

so i read all the post on "how you should wait at least 3 weeks before drinking the beer. but being me i didn't listen and started drinking them 2 weeks after they got bottled

it wasn't all that great i was kind of disappointed and stopped brewing

well i tried few beers last night ( not wanting to go the package store to get some) and wow what a difference a week and a half made so the bad part is i only have 12 13 beers left... ya ya i hate my life now i gotta wait 2 more weeks to try my other brewed stuff

so in the end FOR THE BEGINNERS LIKE ME WAIT 3 WEEKS BEFOR U DRINK THE BEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(

Yes I have also learned that a week in the fridge is really not enough time, I have noticed changes for the better when it is in the fridge longer but sometimes I just can't wait!

I can never wait 3 weeks...... heck, i can never even wait 2 weeks. Typically I will try one every week just to see where it's at.......

Really, I am just setting myself up to be amazed by 4 weeks or so since the week one tasting is pretty bad.

When i first started i was having this problem as well. But it gets
better just keep brewing and often. After finding that the beer gets
better after a few extra weeks you will start waiting those few extra
weeks and in the mean time you will brew more that also has to
age awhile. Then all of a sudden one day you've got the pipeline
primed up and life is good... Just dont stop brewing and you'll
have to make room for all those carboy's you've collected...
Think ill brew some this weekend. I love brewing..:mug:

I can never wait 3 weeks...... heck, i can never even wait 2 weeks. Typically I will try one every week just to see where it's at.......

Really, I am just setting myself up to be amazed by 4 weeks or so since the week one tasting is pretty bad.

Answer = pipeline. Get some more fermenters and build up a pipeline so you can give them the proper aging.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who was disappointed by the taste of their first batch and that the disappointment was just brought on by impatience. :)

I'm nearing week two of having my brew bottled and I'm looking forward to seeing how it's progressed since week one. And I will (hopefully) be starting my next brew by next week, so I can get that pipeline going.

So glad I joined this forum. You really need a good support group for things like this.

Hell, the first batch I made stated that you could drink it after a week in the bottle. One bottle later I decided to let it go to 3 weeks. Lesson learned.

Back