Would you keep it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KerryD

Reaction score
OK, so I pieced together my own starter kit based on different things I had read here and elsewhere... I had decided for some reason that I needed a 5 gal ported Better Bottle with the Racking Adapter and Simple Flo valve.

I also have 2 Ale Pails... one with a spigot. I think I pretty much have all the basic starter essentials.

I haven't used the Better Bottle and now I'm wondering if I will....

Would you keep it (and if so how would you use it) or would you turn it back in to cash to use on purchasing something else.... more bucket fermenters, unported 5-6 gal Better Bottle, etc. I'll be bottling as opposed to kegging for the foreseeable future and plan to go from fermeters to bottling bucket.

I can see keeping an Apfelwein constantly in the pipeline and maybe it would work for this???? Do you add sugar at the end if you want to carb that?

I guess being such a noob, and not seeing everything play out I'm second guessing my need for this now...

Any advice is appreciated!

Well, depends on what your gaols are. IMHO buckets are better for quick maturing ales (3 weeks +-). Bottles / carboys are more suited to longer ferment times (months)

I've used one for Apfelwein and it worked great. I'd use it for secondary, but I've nearly eliminated secondaries from my brewing process. I'd still use the buckets for primary, as they clean easy (sponge and warm soapy water or favorite cleaner, and rinse well), and use the BB for secondary.

Latest posts

Back